Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Sew Wot Tuesday

 After missing the previous get-together because of getting Covid, it was lovely to catch up again this Tuesday.  Sandra was our hostess today.  Everyone arrived, and we settled down, chatting away.  There were magazines to look through and take home, and plenty of Show and Tell, lots of knitting to start with.  I had taken along the blue jacket I had made for baby Jack, and Helen had knitted a lovely shaded blue and brown little vest.

Baby knitting by me and Helen

Sandra had knitted this pretty pink cardigan

This interesting design was knitted by Heather

Carol had made an assortment of knitted toys band wooly hats

There were a couple of quilts too.  I had taken along two recent finishes, Dorothy's Nine Patches and my horse panel quilt.


My two recent finishes



Sandra had finished a donation quilt, such an interesting design.


And a donation quilt from Heather too

Helen had found a long forgotten interesting panel in her stash.  This was for "board" games, all finished now, and she just needs to get some counters to go with them.


Snakes and Ladders, and Checkers

Morning Tea was served, and Sandra's grand-daughter helped with getting the orders for hot drinks, and passing plates of goodies around.  We certainly do so enjoy our delicious morning teas.


Morning Tea is served

Helen was having a clean out and had brought along some flannel pieces looking for a new home.  I gladly took them home to use as backings for my children's donation quilts.


Cozy flannel pieces

Many thanks to Sandra for her hospitality, we all had a lovely morning.  And we will do it all again in two weeks time.


7 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to spend time with crafty friends!

Helenchaffin said...

What a fun & awesome get together! everyone did a great job on projects & the snacks look yummy!

Julierose said...

What lovely little baby sweaters;))) And pretty quilt finishes...sounds like you had a lovely reunion with your friends at your meeting...lots of goodies too;))) hugs, Julierose

Lyndsey said...

Another lovely array of knitting and quilts from the Sew wots. You are such a busy group and I'd love to join the morning teas, it always looks so yummy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such lovely knitted sweaters they will sure keep some little ones warm

Maria said...

So many lovely knitted items and finished quilts.
The board game ones look fantastic.
As always a delicious spread.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's always nice to have a get-together, and I'm glad you could participate since I'm sure that means you've fully recovered from COVID. What a good assortment of skills and projects each person shares! I'm really impressed with the lovely knitted jackets, and those adorable teddies. Good for you to take flannel for quilt backings. I know that means you're thinking ahead to making more charity quilts. That's truly a beautiful gift that you share. Thanks for all the pictures, including the food! I always like seeing the yummies you make for one another. Keep having a good time with your friends! I did so yesterday myself, spending six hours with five other quilters during a Saturday Sew-In. We don't meet in one anothers' homes though, so I think we miss a special ambience that you-all enjoy.