Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Chookshed Challenge mid April

 It's time to see how I've  been doing on the Chookshed Challenge for April.  The number chosen this month is number 9, which in my case is my House Blocks from some years ago.  I've looked back through earlier blogs and just can't find any mention of these, probably made back in the mists of time.  These were made from 2.5 inch strips with flip and sew roofs and are my own design.    There are heaps of them of all colours, just made from strips, and they have  been hiding in a basket all this time.


House blocks

I also made a few pieced tree blocks, for some added interest.  Plus a handful of green strips I had cut for a long ago mystery quilt, which didn't happen.  These will be added to the bottom of each block.



Tree blocks

I'm a bit late starting this project this month.  We were away on a 10 day caravan trip over Easter, and sadly we both  returned home with Covid.  The next two weeks were spent coughing, sleeping, and not doing very much at all.  You know you are not well when the highlight of your day is going to bed for an afternoon nap.   But we are slowly coming right, and I've done a little sewing this week.  I've assembled three rows so far, so that's not a  bad start, all things considered.


Three strips assembled so far

I'll keep working away assembling these rows, with the aim to have a quilt top by the end of the month.  But if I can't achieve that, it won't really matter, will it, I'll just do the best I can.


12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Isn’t it fun to find an old neglected project and move it towards the finish line?! Your colourful little neighbourhood looks wonderful. Glad to hear you are both feeling better.

Helenchaffin said...

You're off to a good start,it's looking great! I'm trying my best to finish up some UFOs but the machine's against me ,all was going good yesterday till the bobbin case popped out & refusing to go back in🤣

Karen S said...

I am pleased you have rediscovered your houses and trees. They will make a fun quilt.

Julierose said...

Your little "neighborhood" piece of houses and trees is so pretty!! Love how these are coming together.
You've don well to have enough energy to even sew a bit after your bout with covid. We found that the tiredness and low energy lasted quite a while...not fun!!
Hang in there and get plenty of rest...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that will make an interesting quilt and get the blocks used and not just stacked up

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You have quite the neighborhood going there! So sorry you had covid, hope you are better soon.

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so sorry you are ill!
Your quilting is amazing. All the best.

dq said...

It's a great start, Jenny! Love house quilts, in fact, they are my favorite. The addition of trees really spoofs them up too.
I am expecting back a round robin the end of 2024 with wonky houses and trees. I can't wait!

Jackie said...

Good for you in getting all those languishing projects completed. You have a good start on this one for sure.

God bless.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh those are some gorgeous little houses and trees. Looks like this is going to be a fun neighborhood. Have an awesome day, Jenny and Happy quilting. Hugs.

Maria said...

Pleased you’re feeling better and managed some sewing.
You’ve made good progress with the three rows.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These are so pretty, Jenny, it is wonderful to be bringing them along to a finish. Good luck. I'm finding all the seams meeting at one point a bit of a challenge with my #9.