Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Yellow and Pink RSC

 I've realised it for a while - going away on caravan trips definately cuts into sewing time.  Now we are home again from a family trip, I'm in catch up mode, stitching away on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge block sets.  

Pink is the colour for May, and I've stitched up some Hollow Nines.  Then as I hadn't stitched any for April, I made a couple of yellow blocks too.

Hollow Nines, done

In making these nine patch blocks, I'm committed to only use squares already cut and tucked away in a little bag.  The blocks will keep getting stitched when the monthly colours are announced as long as I have cut squares in my drawstring bag.  As I'm not really a lover of sewing with little squares, I'll be happy to see the end of them.......but there seem to be so many hanging around.  But we all know that fabric pieces seem to breed in the dead of night, don't we.

13 comments:

Maria said...

Great to catch up with those 9 patch pinks and some yellows.
Those small scraps can breed so I’ve become very brave after giving my huge box away and bin them.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Breeding fabric scraps is a problem here too! That’s why we all need to keep sewing. Cute little nine patches.

ButterZ said...

Yes, the squares don’t seem to disappear at all

Julierose said...

They certainly do multiply overnight, it seems, Jenny!! I love your Hollow Nines--so pretty. Working with pre-cut little squares is something i like, but it can be a bit frustrating at times...Have a great weekend...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

traveling does cut into so much work that needs doing at home

scraphappy said...

Your hollow nines look great. I like to use squares as leaders and enders, but sewing them all alone can get dull.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty pinks and yellows in those hollow 9s, Jenny! I agree - those little bits do seem to multiply when we're not looking!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love your Hollow Nines! It's sew much fun to see your squares as I am making mine! :)

loulee said...

LOL Yes, fabric multiplies in the dark hours, either that or the fairies deliver more. LOL
Your blocks are cute.

Jackie said...

Pretty sure the squares multiply in the dark. Glad you got some sewing done.

God bless.

Astrid said...

Pretty Hollow Nines, Jenny! Yes, they do multiply when we're not looking, I swear! I was happy not to have too many 2.5" squares left, but now that box is almost full again. How did that happen?! I'm tempted to start sewing some Hollow 9s!

Susan said...

It looks like those squares are quite small...happy creating with them and I hope the bag empties soon.

Susie H said...

For being away, you did a good job at getting caught up. Nice job on the Hollow Nines.