Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Stitching, Knitting and Shopping

 A little stitching, knitting, and shopping, that's what I've been up to lately.  I always seem to have a pair of socks on the go, and these are my current triple knit (12 ply) pair.  Made with white/cream home spun wool, a gift from my friend Merilyn, with added speckled yarn, they are coming along nicely.  Once past the heels, I'm now on the homeward stretch.


Nice and cozy for winter

The final of four Kiwi Christmas stitcheries has just been completed.  This shows a Kiwi carrying a large bag of gifts riding on a rather well muscled ram.  Surely such a handsome ram must be "Mr Stud" on the farm, I'm thinking.


Kiwi Christmas stitchery

As for the shopping, we had a quick  trip to Pete's Emporium the other day.  This shop stocks all sorts of goodies, and Robin was after another New Zealand flag to fly on our flag pole. 


Pete's Emporium, Lower Hutt

There is quite a large craft area too, selling fabric, buttons, lace and cords, wool too.  As I didn't know we were going to Petes, I was not at all organised for a shopping trip.  In the end I purchased just a couple of balls of Sugar and Cream knitting cotton to knit more dishcloths.  They always come in handy.


Knitting cotton

So that's what I've been up to lately, a bit of this and a bit of that.

12 comments:

Maria said...

You’ve kept busy Jenny with your knitting and lovely Kiwi Christmas stitchery.
Nice cotton yarn for your dishclothes.
What is your No2 for the Chookshed Challege??

Kim said...

Those socks will be warm and cosy. Love the Sugar and Cream wool you bought. Such pretty variegated shades. Your stitching is looking great. How fabulous each stitchery will look when all are finished and joined together.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The socks look cozy and the Kiwi Christmas stitchery looks amazing! I also use Sugar & Cream yarn for dish cloths, happy stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your feet will never be cold with all of the warm socks you make! I always love seeing your fun embroidery projects. Pretty yarn for dishcloths

CathieJ said...

That kiwi embroidery is quite amusing. So pretty. I like the variegated yarn you bought.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have actually seen that same yarn here - looks like you have been very busy

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those socks look wonderful - I love the speckled yarn! Pete's sounds like a place my husband would like to go to also. Enjoy your stitching today, Jenny!

Karrin Hurd said...

Adorable embroidery! Another pretty pair of socks! Have a great week!

Jackie said...

I always wonder about the difference in plies. If I used a 12 ply for socks they would be huge. I usually use a 2 or 3 ply by Canadian size. Your socks are lovely, I really like the speckles.

God bless.

Tired Teacher said...

Pete’s looks like a fun place to browse and shop. Love your socks: they will be cozy this winter.

Karen S said...

Those socks are looking warm already! Especially in 12 ply.
Great to see more kiwi embroideries.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, I love knowing you use Sugar 'n Cream yarn! Great that it's available to you. I've been purposefully knitting dishcloths for the past six months, trying to use-up all the partial skeins of Sugar 'n Cream that were in a drawer... and I succeeded! I have NO SnC in my house at the moment, and a three-fourths finished dishcloth on my needles. Of course! Have you ever found that red colors of SnC run? They did when I worked with solid red; I haven't tried variegated red. Happy knitting!