Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Chookshed Challenge

 I'm happy to be joining in with the Chookshed Challenge this year.  We had to list ten projects, UFOs or something on our wish list and each month a number is chosen at random.  This month, the number chosen was number two, which in my case is a  variation of Elephants on Parade.  I started off with this,  a pattern in a magazine, and some left over pink and grey strips I wanted to use up.


The starting point

Because I had no idea what month  number two on the list would be called, I went to the quilt shop to purchase some more fabric to continue with this quilt top.  Pale pink for the background, and a grey print with tiny black stars for the elephants.  Just as well I had made this purchase because project number two was called up early, so I was all ready to go. 

Purchased to complete this project

So what have I done so far?  Stitched four strips of the pink and grey strips together - that was easy.


Strips sewn

Next was to start on the applique.  I take the easy way out (no needle turn for me)  and traced the shapes onto visoflix, press to the fabric and cut out the shapes.  Then I will machine applique in place.  That will be the next step.


Cute little elephants

So this coming week I will work away on the machine applique, and then hand embroider the little black tails in place.  Hopefully then I will get the various sections stitched together.  That's the plan, it would be great to finish the month with a completed top.

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aren't those elephants cute in that gray fabric

loulee said...

Thats looking cute already.

ButterZ said...

That’s going to be a very cute quilt Jenny

Kim said...

Sweet little elephants. Love those fabrics you have chosen.

Laura said...

This is a fun project! )

Maria said...

Elephants 🐘 🐘 🐘 will ba a gorgeous quilt.
Have fun making it.

Lyndsey said...

Such cute elephants and I love the fabric you chose for them. It will be a fabulous quilt. I don't do needle turn appliqué as it is such a fiddle.

Astrid said...

The cutest elephants! Such a fun project! Adorable quilt.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Perfect fabric choices, this is going to be adorable.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is so cute! I love it.

dq said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love that it is pink and grey with polka dots. Oh ya, and it is scraps which means a free quilt.

Lin said...

I love your pinks and greys - going to be a pretty quilt. xx

Jackie said...

That quilt will be stinking cute. I love the fabric choices.

God bless.

Connie said...

Your quilt is going to be a delight :)
I love the little elephants.

Karen S said...

Gorgeous elephants and a lovely idea for a quilt.