Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, April 14, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

This time, the Sew Wot ladies drove out into the country to Helen’s rural home.  Mary is still having a clean out in her sewing room, and brought along another big pile of books, magazines, and patterns.  That’s always exciting, and we all had a good look through them, and most chose some to take home.

Mary had been busy crocheting over the last few weeks, and was busy stitching the second crotchet blanket together.  These look so nice and cozy, and such pretty colours.  I don't know how to crochet, but I have seen Mary complete one of these blocks in hardly any time at all.

P1020508-001

Mary’s two pretty blankets

And for a change of pace, Mary had been knitting too.  She had completed two tiny baby singlets, knitted in 3ply Merino wool.  These are going into her Baby Box, she said. 

P1020509

Baby singlets

The only other show and tell was from Helen.  The pattern for this large quilt is “Toes in the Sand” and it has just come back from being commercially quilted.  Made with little triangles in big triangles, such a lot of work.   Just miles of binding to stitch down, she said, that will take a while, I’m sure.

P1020510-001

Helen’s triangle quilt

Helen had also knitted a baby singlet.  This stripy little beauty will be donated.

P1020511-001

Baby singlet

We were all busy knitting away.  I had brought my stitchery project along, but it seemed easier to just get my knitting out.  I really must get working on it again, it’s been ages since I touched it.  Sorry about the photos, there was too much sun coming in the windows.

P1020514P1020513

Helen, Heather, Mary, Carol and Sandra

Of course, we all enjoyed the tasty home baking for morning tea.  Thanks so much Helen, for a lovely morning.

P1020512-001

Morning Tea


6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love you Sew Wot Tuesday reports. It is always fun to meet up with like minded friends to sew, knit or crochet whilst nattering, catching up with the gossip and putting the world to rights. The show and tell is fun and I particularly like the triangle quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a fun gathering - that is a pretty quilt you show

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely time! Thank you for sharing it.

Connie said...

Lovely projects and what a sweet time to spend together. Being a quilter myself, I love that cheerful quilt, "sew" pretty.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I think the Sew Wots posts are my favourite, well, maybe not as I love your travel photos very much. Anyway, I love a wooly blanket and so much knitting going on. It would definitely inspire me to take up mine. How nice to have that beautiful light for stitching, and a lovely lunch to munch on too.

Jackie said...

Such a great show and tell. Love the colours in that quilt and the tiny baby things are lovely.

God bless.