Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Not another RSC project?

Wasn't it just last week that I lamented about feeling a little overwhelmed about all my RSC projects?  Guess I didn't really listen to myself as I’ve just started another new project.    This is a very simple one though.  And the reason I started it was because I wanted to add an older boy’s quilt to my donation pile. 

The design I chose was Horizon, designed by the very talented  Lynn Dykstra, check out her blog https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2022/04/horizon-quilt-completed.html.  

I decided to offset my blocks and have completed all the RSC colours (blue, green purple) so far.  Although as I'm making this for a  teenage boy I substituted burgundy for pink.  It’s a good way to use up some pieces of black and grey which were hanging about in my stash, which always seem great idea.  But I think I need a few more grey fat quarters plus some black yardage (which won’t go astray) to keep going with this.

P1020522

Horizon blocks

I’m really pleased with how this is turning out, and I’ll mix the colours up when I assemble the blocks. 

9 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm chuckling over how your decision to expand your RSC projects to needing to acquire more of the background fabric. Could be a hint as to why every year my scraps miraculously expand even as I am using them up.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That going to make a great boy quilt, Jenny! Klein Meisje really has some fun design ideas!

Deb A said...

Great idea to create a more 'manly' quilt. Love the use of the grey and black with little touches of color.

loulee said...

Good idea to make a more masculine quilt. Great design too.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

That's a great design for an older boy! You have such great ideas!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice job! The quilt will definitely appeal to a teenage boy.

grammajudyb said...

I've been admiring that block on Lynn's site too. Seems fairly easy and your decision to go with the grays, and blacks with pops of colors is awesome. It will be awesome!

FlourishingPalms said...

Indeed you SHOULD be pleased with how this is turning out! Great colors, particularly for a boy. And I especially like the offset design. Keep going just like this. You're gonna have a great finish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those look great with the dark backgrounds and the bright bits of color, Jenny!!