Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

RSC time again

I have to admit that going away in the caravan over Easter certainly cut into my time at the sewing machine.  But I’ve been busy over the last few days and completed some Rainbow Scrap Challenge stitching, using the colour for April -  purple.  First up was Little Bricks.  This project  was started mid way through 2022, so is being carried over this year.  I had previously made some light purple blocks last year, so found some scraps of darker purple for this month.  These little blocks are very simple to make, thanks for Sylvia for sharing her pattern, and I know I’m not the only RSCer whipping these up each month.

P1020426

Little bricks

Happy blocks are nice and easy too.  I’m doing two sets of these, one each for a young boy and girl.  It’s always enjoyable looking through my donated kiddies stock of 5in squares, and choosing what to frame it with.  For the boys ones I found frogs, a little boy on his bike, South Sea island, teddies and stripes.

P1020421

Happy blocks for a little boy

In my stash of donated squares there are so many more girly ones than for boys.  This month I found butterflies and flowers, a little girl block, hearts, animals and unicorns.  Plenty of interest for a little girl here.

P1020422

For a little girl

There are several unfinished RSC projects from last year that I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.  Three have been made into quilt tops, with quilting as the next step, with others needing assembling.  Guess I’ll just have to take a deep breath and tackle one at a time.  After all, this hobby is meant to be fun, isn't it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have a set of blocks from last year that need to be assembled into a top. You are not alone! You have made a good dent in your purple scraps this week. Enjoy your weekend! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet PURPLE blocks, Jenny! Hope you had fun caravanning over Easter.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fun blocks for children’s quilts. I know what you mean about being somewhat overwhelmed with pending projects. I used to have numerous knitting projects in the works: I loved them all, but felt compelled to work on them as if I had a deadline. I had to remind myself that I was knitting for pleasure, not as a job.

Ivani said...

Love your purple happy blocks, Jenny. Aren't the little brick so much fun.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your happy blocks are so fun, Jenny! Love the bright rainbow ones and the pretty purples, too. That heart fabric in your third photo really caught my attention!

Fiona said...

Great use of purples....
Hugz

grammajudyb said...

You have some great purples! I excited to see the little bricks come together! And your happy blocks are great too!

Sara said...

Those Happy blocks are such a perfect stash buster for those fun kid prints. I've made a couple of quilts with those blocks, but really need to make more.

Maria said...

Great purple RSC blocks Jenny.