Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Sew Wot Tuesday

There was just four of us on Tuesday at our Sew Wots get-together at Helen’s rural property.   Not that it mattered, there was still plenty of chatter going on.  When I arrived, she was showing Heather around her garden.  The wind was howling, but it couldn't blow away all the glorious bird song.  Helen has several kowhai trees laden with hanging yellow blossoms,  and they certainly attract the birds with their nectar, she said.

There was an array of goodies laid out on the coffee table, give-aways donated to our Sew Wot ladies to look through and take home.   I decided to rehome a book on applique quilts for children, this will come in handy for a donation quilt or two, and I also spied a pretty little applique and embroidery pattern.   I had taken along some give-aways too, some crotchet cotton which I will never use, and a bag of partially assembled  nine patch blocks, and was pleased to see both of these items going to a new home.

P1020779

My selection from the “please take me home” table

Helen was working on her hand pieced black and white quilt top, which was looking good!  She certainly has more patience than me don't really think I would be trying this at all.

P1020772

Heather knitting socks and Helen with her hand piecing all ready to work on

P1020771

Helen’s hand pieced beauty

Sandra had a huge ball of wool and was busy working on a cozy blanket, and I was knitting too.

P1020773

Sandra knitting a blanket

Morning tea is always an important part of our Sew Wot mornings, and was delicious, as always.  It’s not as if we are starving hungry, but once it is put in front of you, we have to have a taste test, don't we!

P1020774

Time for Morning Tea

I had mentioned when I arrived that I had driven along Helen’s rural road with a truck right behind me, always a bit daunting when you are in a little car.  Luckily I had no such issues on my return drive home.  Thanks so much Helen, for hosting a lovely morning.

6 comments:

Janice said...

A lovely way to spend the morning, as always.

Maria said...

A great idea to take along unwanted items to swap.
Both your pick ups look good.
Interesting projects the ladies are working on and a beautiful morning tea spread again.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is so nice to sit and sew with friends and having something to eat to just makes it so much more social doesn't it.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Oooh, I love Helen’s hand-pieced blocks, especially with the little pops of color sprinkled around. It’s lovely. The tea treats looks delicious.

Jackie said...

Wow, those hand pieced blocks are gorgeous. What patience.

I love the idea of rehoming items that one will not use.

God bless.

Karen S said...

So lovely to see you getting together.