Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Green Stitching for RSC

Its time to do some green stitching this week on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  Not necessarily lime green, as suggested, although that polka dot fabric looks suspiciously limey, but other various shades as well were  in my 4 patch blocks.  Two large blocks and two framed blocks were completed today.

P1020764

4 patch variations

Next I stitched two strip blocks, and found a little lime green to add to the green block.  A burgundy one came into being as well, purely because I had found a handful of burgundy strips in the bag.

P1020765

And this is what I have made so far, five blocks in all.  Don’t they look nice together!

P1020766

Five string blocks so far

I mustn't forget about my other RSC projects, the little birds and the flag blocks.  I’ll have to check them out soon.  And then……. I know I’ve still got some unfinished RSC 2020 projects hanging about in bags – oh dear, so easy to start these projects, but harder to finish!

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

I have so many to finish. I’m having trouble getting motivated.

Janice said...

Go you! You will have several RSC projects to complete soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was thinking of doing strings next year - I have 2 shoe boxes crammed tight of various sizes and colors to use up

Chantal said...

Well done! Love the string group picture. I have to come up with a project for my strings. I'm being invaded. Lol. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Eventually, the RSC block collections become quilts. Just keep plugging away, Jenny!!

Nancy J said...

The string blocks are so lovely, and the burgundy is gorgeous.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful, Jenny! I love the strings - they'll make a great design!

Karen S said...

Great work on all blocks.

Deb A said...

Those strings do look great together! I agree - so easy to start new projects but oh so difficult to actually finish something.

Cathy said...

Your string blocks are so cheery - I love them! Are they about 8 inches (finished size?) all your blocks are so fun! Looking forward to seeing the green bird!