Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Donations, Lunch and Hospital Visit

We had a busy old day last week, heading off to Palmerston North, clutching a “To Do” list in my hand.  First on the list was was to drop off my current donations for the Foster Hope Charity, which looks after children in foster care.  The drop off point is in a lawyers office in Palmy where one of staff is the local co-ordinator.  The office is situated on the 1st floor, with no lift available, so I had to struggle up the stairs with my walking stick, goodness knows how really old and infirm people get on when they want to visit this office.  I handed my bag of donations over to the receptionist, (girl’s cot quilt and 10 draw string bags) then hobbled back down the stars again, job number one done and ticked off the list.

P1020749

P1020750

Donations for Foster Hope

With a couple of other jobs done we then went for an early lunch, a Chinese buffet at Chinatown. Always good value for money, and plenty of choices.

P1020753P1020754

Lunch at Chinatown

Then on to the main reason for the trip, my follow-up appointment with the neurosurgical team after my spinal surgery back in May.  I had been for a MRI several weeks ago, so they had an up-to-date picture of my spine.  Things are progressing well, I was told, so well that they won’t want to see me for another 12 months, and will order a further MRI prior to this appointment.  They showed me a picture of my spinal cord prior to surgery, and I could clearly see the fistula snaking forwards and back across my spinal cord about six times in a row, this was putting pressure and squeezing causing me all kinds of problems.  I am just so thankful this condition was finally diagnosed and the surgery was so successful. 

P1020755

In Palmerston North Hospital

10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Looks a bit like Wellington hospital, they say " Follow the orange line" but then there is a huge orange LION on the wall, for the kids to follow. Great news, so glad they could do the next appt, closer to home for you, always a huge relief to know you are progressing as they want.

Maria said...

Pleased all is going really well after your surgery…..
Well done climbing the stairs to deliver those lovely gifts.
Robyns meal looks delicious!

Janice said...

It must be such a relief that the surgeons are pleased with your progress after surgery. I’m sure your donation items will be well received.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad you are recovering well and do not need to go back for a year now - that must be great news for you. Too bad about climbing those stairs though - you should have called her ahead of time to meet you at the bottom of the stairs :)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Glad to hear the positive report! It's nice you could get up the stairs but you're right, how do the very elderly make it up there? Chinese food looks delicious, happy stitching!

ButterZ said...

That’s a good report to get. Relief for a full year is great.

Jackie said...

I am glad to hear you had a positive report and can wait 12 months before seeing them again. Ouch, hobbling up the stairs is not fun, but I am really glad that you made it.

Lots of nice donations for the charity. The quilt is gorgeous and I have always loved those bags.

God bless.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Wonderful news from your follow-up appointment! You must be thrilled. Hard to believe that an attorney would have an office without handicapped access. Your donations will be appreciated by the foster children.

Karen S said...

A busy day and a lot done. And to top it off - good news!

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you got a good report....