Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, October 2, 2021

RSC – new month, new colour

The months are running away, September has disappeared and now it is October, and before we know it, Christmas will be here.  That’s a scary thought, isn’t it?.  With a new month comes a new colour for those taking part in Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  This month the suggested colours are lime green or neutrals. 

I had a count up of my little boat blocks, laid them out to see how I was going.  Mmm, I need five more, I decided, to give me a nice sized boy’s donation quilt.  So I made one extra whale tail block, and four more neutral coloured boats.

P1020757

Five more blocks required

Then I made two more string pieced blocks, trying to use  up some of those never ending strings which seem to accumulate and multiply.  I stitched one block in neutrals and one in black and white – these will go nicely with the orange block I made last month.  This project is a late starter and will carry over to next year.

P1020758

Two more string blocks

So that’s what I’ve done this week.  Perhaps I’ll stitch some green four patch blocks next week, or then again, I’m sure I need to make a few more of my birdy blocks,  I’ll wait and see how that works out.  Many thanks to Angela for hosting this link-up each week, I always enjoy seeing what the other participants have been getting up to with their RSC stitching.

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think at least one or two of the 3 RSC projects that I am doing will be brown or black I really do not have much in lime green - not a color I normally have. yes here it is October and all the fall holidays will be coming one after another

Sara said...

That whale tail block with the boats - such a cute idea! I'm looking forward to seeing the blocks all put together.

Mari said...

I love that whale's tail! And the boat blocks, too, of course. Strings are always great for using a bunch of scraps, but somehow I never seem to get rid of all of them!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that Whale Tail block mixed in with your boats, Jenny! Lime GREEN next week? I can't wait to see what you will make. It's a favorite of mine!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I just love your boats with the whale's tail! It will be fun to see that quilt come together!

maggie fellow said...

cute whale blocks and a fun addition to a ship quilt

Linda said...

Lovely little boats, they will make a great boy’s quilt.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's so great that you're keeping up with the colors for each month! I think I've worked out that you can make whatever blocks you want using the month's color, and that in the end, you can also do whatever you want with those blocks. Is that right? Your variety of designs will give you some good options for donation quilts. Great work!

Julierose said...

Love your little boats and that cute whale's tail..this will make such a cute boy's quilt
Hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

The brown boats and whale look great and I can’t wait to see all your blocks come together into a quilt.
Nice string blocks too…

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great progress on your boats and string blocks!

Jackie said...

Your boat blocks are coming along so well. I do like the whales tail block. Goes so very well with the boats.

God bless.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your boat quilt is going to be a fun one to look at. Love the whale tail! I need to figure out a new RSC project or two…I have lots of scraps!

Karen S said...

these lock collections are growing. lovely use of neutrals.