Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Caravan Inspired Stitcheries

I always enjoy doing simple stitcheries and I've recently completed two designs from Stitcher’s Revolution Camping Adventures series.

P1020589

With the stitchery finished, I just needed to add a band of fabric top and bottom of the teatowel, finished off with a row of green ric rac.  This was stitched for our caravan, and I’m very pleased with how it turned out.

P1020760

Made for our caravan

The next item I stitched was a place mat for our friend Dot’s motor-home.  I finished this with New Zealand fabric featuring our great outdoors, and shows Dot’s  motor-home doing a spot of freedom camping.

P1020759

Made for Dot

So that is my two finishes, but like many of us, I still have several stitchery projects on the go.  Quilting UFOs and knitting too, but then, I’ll never run out of things to do!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm very drawn to these transfers for tea towels and the ones being stitched by other slow Sunday stitchers. I love the sentiment on the ones you are making, especially home is where you park it!

Ivani said...

2 pretty embroideries. Sure Dot will love the placemat.
Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Ah stitcheries... they never grow old, do they? I still enjoy them now and again. Always though is, what to do with them when I'm finished? Looks like you've come up with two great ideas here! Stitching on toweling is a clever notion that I've never thought of. And a placemat to gift... well that one's truly adorable! New Zealand fabric, huh? I've never seen any of it. Only Australian prints. Keep stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Perfect projects for your caravan and for Dot’s! Those stitcheries are fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the stitchery's are cute - we haven't been traveling the last couple years and our motorhome has been sitting we need to decide what we will be doing with it - use it or get rid of it - we used it a lot for 10 years so we have gotten a lot of use out of it

Maria said...

Nice stitchery for your caravan and a beautiful gift for Dot to use in her s

Cathy said...

I have several Stitchers Revolution designs but haven't seen the Camping one. How cute! My husband is from a large family and a lot of his siblings and families get together each year for a camping family reunion. I just might have to make everyone something for their campers this year. Thanks for the inspiration! I love embroidered dish towels.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects! I love those Stitcher's Revolution embroideries! Happy stitching!

Nancy J said...

Dot's placemat is beautiful, will she want a whole set? Wet here overnight, a good day to maybe be inside with some hand stitching.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Those are so cute! I have been wanting to do some RV camping. Retirement can't get here soon enough (about 14 months now!) I have been browsing Pintrest - so many cute caravan/RV ideas!

CathieJ said...

I like that tea towel and really love that placemat. What a nice gift for your friend.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The towel/mat will look great in both your caravan and Dot’s motor home. I love hand-stitched gifts.

Denise :) said...

How fun! I'll have to look for these embroidery patterns! Your mat is darling! :)

Jackie said...

Such a cute project. I love it and it suits your lifestyle perfectly.

God bless.

Karen S said...

These look wonderful. Great way to use your stitching.

ButterZ said...

Do you put anything to cover the back of the stitching

Janice said...

Such fun projects and a nice gift for Dot. Aren’t we lucky that we will never run out if things to do.