Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Working outside in the sun shine

There is nothing nicer that spending an hour or so outside on the patio in the sunshine.  So what was I working on?  Another pair of socks, and a mystery bag, which Gemma found so interesting.  And no, she shouldn't really be up on the table, but cats do what they want, don't they.

P1010524

Mmmm, wonder what’s in this bag?

It didn’t take too long to finish the toe shaping on my second sock, and get it stitched up.  These are nice warm woolen socks, knitted with 12 ply wool, knitted on two needles with a seam up one side.  Just what I need to keep my toes warm come winter.

P1010532

My new socks

As for whatever is in that mystery bag, it didn’t even get looked at.  This is yet another rather old project, and I’ll get it finished, sooner or later, I hope.  The nice sunny weather has now gone, replaced by wind, rain and rather chilly temperatures.

It’s Thursday down here in my part of the world, Wednesday in USA, and Inauguration Day.  We set the alarm clock for 5.30am to watch the ceremony, and were so pleased that it all went off so well, without any riots, demonstrations, or upsets.  Wishing USA peace and healing to recover from the turbulent times you have all been through.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Thank you so much--we are so thrilled to have President Biden leading us...
We have tough times ahead--but now have a leader up to the challenge...

Your socks look soooo warm--your little toesies will be nice and warm for sure;)))
hugs and thanks Julierose P.S. Both my husband and I get our 1st Covid shot tomorrow evening...things are looking up...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Today’s inauguration gives me hope that the US can get back on the right path. I pray for better days ahead. Hopefully, now we can focus on getting the pandemic under control.

I love your thick socks! I know they will keep your feet warm in cold weather.

Nancy J said...

Your weather was a lot better than here, showers and a cold wind, love those socks, I, too, had an early start to see the ceremony, and was SO thankful it went safely. I loved the ladies;' outfits with matching masks and beautiful leather gloves,.Let it signal the start of a better country for them all.

nestki said...

Thank you, Jenny, for your good wishes. They mean a lot, coming from you.

Karen S said...

How lovely to be knitting out in the sunshine. Lovely finish on those socks! They will be warm in 12 ply.
I agree with your thoughts re the USA!

Janice said...

Such a lovely place to sit and knit. Your toes will be toasty warm come winter, or Mayne you nearly need to pop them on now.

Lyndsey said...

Picasso loves to get on the table. He likes nothing better than to sleep on the dinning table during the summer as it gets a lot of sun. Love the warm socks. I need to knit a pair for wearing with my hiking boots during the winter. There's no rush because it will be warmer weather before we are able to travel and go for ling hikes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it was so nice to see a new president take the oath and we hope so much that it will help to get the US back on track - it has been a horrible four years for most of us always wondering what the buffoon would do next - he was so horribly unfit to do the job.
nice you can be out in the sunshine - love your socks.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your socks look,very snuggly for your toes. Yes let's hope that peace is restored in the US x

FlourishingPalms said...

Interesting that you watched the inauguration; I did not. Instead, I did my daily devotions, and sewed and sewed all day. A friend's husband died on Tuesday from Coronavirus, so in my part of the world, life seems bleak. And bleaker by the day. I'm grateful to have my sewing and handwork to keep me occupied and away from all the things that make me feel sad.

Jackie said...

The socks are lovely and will certainly keep tender tootsies warm this winter.

God bless.