Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

One More RSC Project

I had always intended adding another Rainbow Scrap Challenge project to the mix.  And why not, taking part in the RSC gives me the chance to start a project which I’ve been thinking about for ages.  I have this bag full of batik fabrics which has been hiding in the wardrobe for a long time, out of sight, but not necessarily forgotten.  As often happens with me, these fabrics were going to be turned into a project which didn't go ahead.  Now, I’ve decided, they really need to become cobblestone blocks, a nice big quilt for our bed.

P1010518

A big bag of batiks

I don't have all colours of the rainbow in this bag.  Mainly purples, teal, jade, cream, tan, a little green, so I will just make blocks each month when I can lay my hands on the colour chosen.  Not too much pink, although I found enough to stitch four blocks today, so that’s a good start. 

P1010522

Four pink cobblestone blocks

23 comments:

Allison said...

Those colours will make a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the cobblestone - and why not another RSC - I have come to like having something each month to pull out and have grow with the next color chosen - I didn't think I would want to do three of them but I am enjoying it to

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

A very good start indeed, as your pink blocks are lovely! It's going to be a beautiful and fun project. I love your batiks ;)

Julierose said...

Just lovely cobblestones--I especially like the batik with the gray lines one...so pretty hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Good use of your batiks for RSC cobblestones..

Ivani said...

your batik blocks came out from the bag beautifully. Great start!

scraphappy said...

Every quilt starts with a single block. Those batik fabrics will make such a beautiful quilt for your bed. Pink blocks look great!

maggie fellow said...

batiks will be fun in rainbow colors

Kathy S. said...

I love cobblestone quilts. It will be fun.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's always fun to start a new project. Congrats on finding a way to use those beautiful batiks in conjunction with the RSC, Jenny!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The cobblestone blocks will make a great quilt! How fun to be able to pull that bag of batiks out for a fresh start on a new project!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Cobblestone blocks will make a nice RSC quilt. The batik fabrics are such beautiful colors and I love the textures too.

Deb A said...

Those cobblestone blocks are so pretty in batiks! It is going to become a very pretty quilt.

Cathy said...

Great idea for those fabrics!

Kirsten said...

You are off to a great start with your cobblestone blocks. It will be fun to see the progress.

Janice said...

What a great way to use your batik fabrics. They would work as a leader and Andre as well.

grammajudyb said...

Off to a good start! I like cobblestone blocks! Batiks blend so well...it will be gorgeous!

Maggie said...

The cobble stone blocks make very interesting quilts. A friend made a wall hanging with monochromatic colours for her dining room. Visually it catches one's eye every time one walk past it. Your colours are beautiful.

Karen S said...

Looks like you have a very good plan. Lovely fabrics.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's great to unearth something that's been hiding for way too long. Looks like you have some lovely colors there. Enjoy the making!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great start to you new RSC blocks!

Jackie said...

Batik fabrics are so lovely to work with, the shades are wonderful.

Your pink blocks a very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with all the other colours in that bag.

God bless.

Susie H said...

What a great project and I'm happy to see you were able to incorporate RSC Pink into the mix. Will make a gorgeous quilt for your bed.