Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Purple Selvedges

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for August has just been announced as purple.  Luckily I had rummaged through my bag of selvedge strips and gathered up any purple ones I could find, so I was ready to quickly make this block, in time for this week’s linky party.  Just a few purple strips, but enough to stitch up a purple selvedge block.

P1000289

Purple selvedge block

And here is my collection of selvedge blocks I’ve stitched so far.  Don’t they look nice all together.  I’m aiming to make them into a tote bag when I get all the other colours stitched – that’s the plan, anyway.

P1000294 

All the blocks so far

There’s always a lot of memories when stitching with selvedges.  Long forgotten fabrics that have been used in various projects, and some you can’t remember at all! They must be the donated ones, I expect.

16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always think selvage blocks are like an I Spy for quilters! Yours definitely do look wonderful all together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your PURPLE Selvage block is a nice addition to your RSC collection, Jenny. Those will make a lovely tote!

loulee said...

It's going to be a very colourful bag.

hetty said...

I love your selvage blocks. They will make a fantastic bag!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow you got purple done fast!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful blocks - they look great together.

Cathy said...

Your selvage blocks are looking great! I can’t believe how quickly you got your purple block done. I’m still working on my selvage half hexies and beginning to look for ideas for using them. Have a great week!

FlourishingPalms said...

Your block collection is looking nice together. I'm impressed that you have purple selvages too. Gosh, that's one of the colors that's the least in my stash. In fact, to make a rainbow scrap quilt, a friend sent me her purple scraps so I could have a full color range! Keep enjoying this project.

Maria said...

Those salvage blocks look fabulous... must do something with mine one day !

Kim said...

Oh wow, all your selvage blocks look fabulous. Such a wonderful idea for a quilt. My goodness you have a wonderful collection of different selvages in different colours, Jenny.

Janice said...

You made short work of that. They do look terrific together. I haven’t looked at my purple blocks yet.

Lyndsey said...

I love those selvage blocks, they are just so pretty.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your selvage blocks are lovely!

Jackie said...

Wow, your blocks look gorgeous. Great job.

God bless.

Karen S said...

You are zooming along with these. Looking good!

Connie said...

What a marvelous idea and they are so pretty. I would have never thought of using selvages, you are so creative.