Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Butterflies and Flags

My trio of purple butterflies are now stitched and are ready to join their other colourful friends.  I quite enjoy stitching these pretty little blocks each month and choosing the nominated colours as I work through my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  Then I get to sit quietly and hand stitch the feelers on, for the finishing touch.

P1000400

Three purple butterflies

Call me crazy, but I’ve decided to add another set of RSC blocks to the mix.  Nothing too elaborate, just some simple Flag blocks.  These came about because I found some cream/white squares I had previously  cut and forgotten all about.  I’ve made some in this month’s colour of purple, then back tracked and used dark blue from the previous month.  No, I’m not going right back to the beginning of the year, but will just keep adding as the colours come up, so it will probably carry over to next year.  There is no hurry, and will end up as a donation quilt, no doubt.

P1000402

Another new project – simple flag blocks

12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty purple butterflies! And the flag blocks are fun, too. I bet they create some neat design choices when you go to lay them out!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to see that you completed your pretty PURPLE Butterfly blocks this week, Jenny. What's this?! A new RSC project? Enjoy!

Debi said...

Great minds think alike! August must be the month of purple butterflies. I love seeing all of the projects you are working on.

Julierose said...

Lovely butterfly blocks; and those little flag blocks are adorable--I've never seen them before...
Stay safe Hugs, Julierose

ButterZ said...

We can't help ourselves. Always starting new projects

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny oh I love your butterfly locks they are so pretty,well done on your beautiful work Jenny xx

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your butterfly's!

Cathy said...

As always, your butterflies are so cute! And none of us quilters are going to blame you for starting a new project!

Karen S said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous. And what a smart idea to make the flag blocks to use up those squares.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such pretty butterflies....they look beautiful in purple! Whats another new project lol!

Maria said...

The lovely purple buttflies will look great with all the others...
Interesting new flag blocks too.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your butterflies and flags. Nice blocks