Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, December 2, 2019

Donation time again

It’s time to pass on the little draw string bags I’ve made and take them to the drop off collection point for Foster Hope, a charity helping children placed into foster care.  These little lined bags are fun to make, using up some novelty scraps, and I try to make some for both boys and girls.  The children use these bags for toiletries, or as pencil bags.  Gemma thought it was “all about her” and did a little photo bombing!

P1320493
Earth working machinery and fish

P1320491
African savannah, horses and tree frogs

I also included my recently completed Bow Tie cot quilt in the parcel.  This was always going to be a donation quilt, and I stitched the blocks each month while taking part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  More suitable for a little girl, as the blocks contain flowers aplenty.

P1320467
Bow Tie cot quilt

I do hope that the items bring a smile to a child’s face.  Being taken into foster care must be a daunting prospect for young children.



6 comments:

loulee said...

I'm sure they will be appreciated.
The wee quilt is adorable.

Janice said...

I’m sure they will all be very much appreciated.

Tired Teacher said...

The bags and quilt will be a blessing for the children.

Pink Rose said...

Beautiful work Jenny,well done xx

Judith nb Serena said...

I'm sure the children will love them all. I love that quilt. Well done.
Judith nb Serena

Karen S said...

These are lovely donation gifts.