Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sunday Slow Stitching

It’s a beautiful summer’s day here in my part of paradise, just right for a spot of slow stitching outside.  The birds are busy chirping away, and the scent from the flowering clematis wafting over the fence is just gorgeous.  I did a little hand quilting this morning on my small Autumn wall hanging.

P1320883
Hand quilting time

I’ve been a bit behind showing you the rather slow progress I’ve been making hand quilting my New Zealand Botanical blocks.  Here are two more I’ve recently completed.  The purple flowers are Poroporo and the other is golden Karaka berries. 

P1320404P1320691
Two more big stitch quilted blocks

With only two more blocks to complete, plus the border, I’m hoping to get some more quilting time when we are away on our caravan trip in the New Year. 

14 comments:

Connie said...

Jenny you do such lovely work. Your quilt is going to be a treasure.
Merry Christmas:)

loulee said...

It's a lovely day down South too.
Your handxquilted blocks look lovely.

Nancy J said...

Lovely hand stitching. We will be staying home, a very quiet time , thinking the northern family will travel down after New Year. Less stress, less traffic (hopefully ) and if the timing works out, coincide with grandson returning to Wgn.

Judith nb Serena said...

Love your hand quilting. Look forward to seeing it in it's entirety. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Judith and John nb Serena

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty quilt!

Lyndsey said...

I love your hand stitching, they are very pretty. Grr it's not a lovely day here. It seems to have been raining for ever and I for one could do with some sun.

Rose Marie said...

As always .... beautiful work! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kim said...

How lovely to have clematis hanging over the fence. It must smell divine! Such pretty blocks and your hand stitching is lovely. How gorgeous all those blocks will look stitched together in a quilt. I always smile when I think of you off in your van, discovering another pretty part of your world with your hand stitching in tow.

Robin said...

My favorite is the piece with the golden berries.

Janice said...

Looking good. It must be rather pleasant sitting outside stitching. I'm guessing there will be a finished project in the New Year.

Bits of Stitching! said...

The hand embroidery in these blocks is lovely! Have fun hand quilting!

Karen S said...

Your hand quilting is going fine.. Hard to get a lot done at the moment.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your quilting project, hand quilting is so calming.

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely quilting, you got a lot done! The hand embroidered mug rugs you made for your friends are lovely, they for surely be treasured!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!