Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

More Christmas Treasures

Perhaps you would like to see some small Christmas quilts I have hanging on the wall?  Because I have limited wall space here, I need to alternate them each year.  But one which always comes out each Christmas is this little darling made for me by my daughter, Nicky.  She is not a quilter, this is the one and only wall hanging she has made, so it is really precious.  Done in a class, I believe, many years ago, before she was married, but not dated, we didn’t think about that way back then.  Nicky is very talented and has tried wood work, metal work, stained glass, all manner of things over the years.  Sewing and smocking when her daughters were young, but I don't think she ever mastered knitting.

P1320860 
Crazy Patch Tree, made by my daughter

Another lovely little wall hanging is this Robin Redbreast and Christmas Trees, sent to me from England by my pen friend Rose in 2002.   We were lucky enough to catch up with Rose and Bill at their home in Hythe, Southampton when we holidayed in the UK some years ago.  Sadly, at 90, Rose is slowing down and no longer sews, but she still keeps busy knitting for charity.

P1320863
Robins from Rose

And lastly I have my Selvedge Christmas Tree hanging up, made with Christmas selvedges, of course, and finished with green ric-rac.  This was my own design, and was made in 2010.

P1320857
Selvedge Christmas Tree

And look what arrived in the post from Glennis, in UK.  I have seen cards saying they are sent from wherever, but never one like this, sending Christmas Wishes to New Zealand.  I think Santa and his reindeer are walking from one of our lovely summery beaches across white sand!

P1320751

9 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful wall hangings, Jenny, and certainly the one by your daughter is a treasure.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes you are enjoying some lovely get togethers and yummy food, Jenny. Also thanks for sharing these treasures. I love seeing older projects.

loulee said...

Lovely Christmas quilts.

Julierose said...

Beautiful wall hangings--We don't have a lot of wall space either, so I also alternate the few Christmas ones I have...enjoy the Holidays Hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

i love your mini quilts. I rarely think about making mini, but after completing the Temecula Tiny Tree QAL I think I may be hooked.

Cathy said...

All your mini quilts are so cute! The selvage tree really tickles me! Have a very Merry Christmas, Jenny!

Karen S said...

You have a lot of lovely little treasures in those quilts.

Preeti said...

So many cute things. I am sure your home is full of Christmas cheer and good wishes. Have a lovely holiday :-) and stay cool in New Zealand.

Janice said...

What a lovely collection.