Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What I’ve been doing

It’s always busy this time of year, with social outings coming thick and fast, together with several weekends away in the caravan.  Sewing has taken a bit of a “back seat” lately, I’m sorry to say.  But I’m really pleased that I managed to complete both items I was making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, that’s a bonus in the busy pre-Christmas rush.  Sadly, I’ve not had time to “roll the dice” and work on the items on my list for a wee while.

But I do have a project on the go at the moment.  I’m trying to get some new cushions   made for our new caravan, and ordered a metre of the matching upholstery fabric to make them.  It’s rather thick fabric so I’m using my walking foot to stitch these.

P1320846
Stitching cushion covers, production line style

Gemma came to join me in the sewing room.  Just look at that concentration as she is carefully watching the birds outside.  I’m sure they taunt her, knowing she is safely locked away behind the screen door.  Gemma would like nothing better than being free to chase those pesky birds and give them what for!

P1320849
A frustrated hunter

My aim is to get the cushions finished in the next day or two so they will be ready for when we head away in the caravan after Christmas.  So I’m off to do some more sewing, after I’ve tackled the ironing.  Not really a chore, strange as it may seem, I quite enjoy ironing!

10 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny how exciting to be heading off in your new caravan soon,i love the fabric and cushion are a great idea,Merry Xmas my friend xx

Julierose said...

What lovely fabric for your cushions...hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

Clever of you to order matching fabric for the cushions. I love the colors.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice you were able to get coordinating fabric! have a good Christmas and fun on your trip

Maria said...

The cushions will look great in the new van...
Wish you lived closer so I could give a bit more ironing to do... 😉

Janice said...

Coordinating cushions will look great in your van and will be nice to have them ready for your next trip. Joey often gets that same look as Gemma, which must be even more frustrating for him as he was an outdoor farm cat in our previous life. He also gets very attentive if another cat is spied in our yard.

ButterZ said...

That will make it look homely.
I have to make cushion covers for outdoor setting before Xmas. Maybe Saturday will be the day.

Kate said...

I like the fabric for your cushions.

Lyndsey said...

The cushions will make your new caravan even more comfortable. Hope the upholstery fabric didn't cause you any problems.

Karen S said...

It is tricky to fit in sewing time at the moment, but pleased to see you have managed to get some done. The fabrics look lovely.