Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Bow Ties, all colours of the Rainbow

I’ve been busy behind the scenes, working hard to finish my second Rainbow Scrap Challenge project, Bow Ties.  This is a cot sized quilt and will be donated in due course.  Each month I dutifully stitched four Bow Tie blocks in the colour suggested by Angela of Sew Scrappy.  With all the blocks stitched into a top, I took it outside to use the large picnic table to pin all the layers together.

P1310953
Pinning it all together

Gemma kept the quilt under control in between my machine quilting sessions.  It was all folded up neatly so she didn’t get caught up in the pins.

P1320410
Gemma thinks she is helping

Binding came next, and I used up some cut strips to make some scrappy red binding.  And I used flannel on the back to make it nice and cuddly.

P1310954P1320449
Binding time

P1320470

P1320467
All finished

Must admit that I enjoyed making these blocks.  Maybe someday I will make myself a bed quilt,  perhaps not in rainbow colours.  I rather like the look of these blocks arranged in circles – perhaps I’ll add this design to my futures Bucket List. 

11 comments:

ButterZ said...

I love the bow ties quilt. I will be quilting mine soon...

Janice said...

Didn’t it turn out well. Being small would have made it quite manageable to quilt. Someone will love to receive it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the bowtie block you can arrange in so many variations

Maria said...

Your RSC Bow Ties look fabulous and the flannel backing sure will be cosy.
Gemma always find a perfect spot to sleep...

Tired Teacher said...

It's lovely! I made a bow tie quilt out of wool (old garments) decades ago. I'd love to make another one.

Kate said...

I like your bowties - they are a favourite block of mine and I especially enjoy making a 3D centre for them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your RSC Bow Tie finish, Jenny!! That turned out super cute with the reds in the corner and that scrappy red binding. Nice work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love bow tie quilts, and yours is lovely! Great job finishing it up!

Deb A said...

Pretty bow ties and a finished quilt! Go you!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks fantastic! Love bow tie quilts....you must be so pleased with it xx

Susie H said...

Very pretty. Can't hardly go wrong with a tried-and-true block. Great job!