This is my first year taking part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I decided to make two different blocks each month, one of them being selvedge Asterisk blocks. Each month I stitched two selvedge blocks in the suggested colour, except for black and dark brown, which I didn't fancy. After sewing the blocks together, moving them from here to there till I was happy with the colour placement, I pinned the top to a fleecy backing and stitched in the ditch between the blocks for stability. Then I decided on spiral quilting across the quilt. I was a little worried about the slight stretchiness of the fleecy backing, but I didn't have any problems at all.
Machine quilting the spiral
The binding was scrappy dark blue strips left over from another project, so I was pleased to use some of them up. It’s always nice to spend a little time outdoors sitting under the Archgolo during some hand stitching. With the binding finished, it was time to add the label. My cozy Asterisk quilt was made for my car. We don't suffer from snow, ice, and cruel winter weather here, so probably wont be needed for warmth, so it can sit on the backseat looking pretty.
And here it is, my very first Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish. I’m really pleased with how it turned our as I only had a glimmer of an idea when I started stitching the blocks each month. Many thanks to Angela of Sew Scrappy for encouraging quilters worldwide each month, and providing her Linky Party. It’s always fun to see what others are making with their RSC blocks as the months progress.
Selvedge Asterisk quilt