Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, November 18, 2019

Christmas in the Caravan

I know its early, but we are away for a week in the caravan,  heading off for a Christmas Rally.  There has been a tiny bit of caravan Christmas decorating done, and Gemma is making the most of it.  Such as sprawled out on the bed on top of the Christmas quilt.  She is such a poser – I’m sure she just settles down and waits till I get the camera out!

P1320063
Gemma snoozing on the bed

Our trip up was relatively easy, but Robin commented that with our new van being a little taller than the previous one, it does tend to catch the wind more.  We saw some of Mother Nature’s beautiful colours while driving up to Taupo.   Stopping in Taihape to top up on fuel, I saw this glorious tree, glowing with colour.  Isn’t  it gorgeous.  Neon yellow broom was in flower on the road side looking rather spectacular as we drove into Turangi.

P1310997P1320028
Seen on our trip

I thought I was well prepared for our trip away and packed my knitting bag – I often like to knit in the car while traveling.  But…….I didn’t check it out properly, I’d forgotten to pack the pattern!  So the knitting will have to wait till we return home.

P1320075
Who didn’t check the knitting bag properly?

But I’ve got a little stitchery I’m working on, plus some hand quilting, so I’m sure I’ll have enough to do.

P1320072
Birdy stitchery

And here she is again, snoozing again, this time with a couple of Christmas cushions for company.  Made by me, of course.

P1320081
Another Christmas photo

It’s not very Christmassy weather at all, currently the rain is pouring down and it’s getting rather chilly.  So we’ve put our sight seeing plans on hold today.  No point in going out in this heavy rain, is there? 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh Gemma is funny--she manages to find all the coziest spots lol
I love how your Christmas quilt looks on your bed--so lovely; and those pillows are adorable..
I just sent for a Christmas set of little ornaments in redwork that I want to get a start on...
Enjoy your trip...very cold here, too..hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hate the heavy rain when traveling - like you say no point sight seeing but I hate being cooped up in the camper too - love all your Xmas things!

Connie said...

What a lovely post . . . I really like your Christmas quilt it is so pretty. Your camper looks so cozy and comfortable . . . Isn't it sweet to have a little home on wheels.

ButterZ said...

Looks like the decorating is under control. Shame about the knitting pattern. You just need to focus on the other projects you took

Janice said...

The van looks great all decked out for your Christmas rally. It may be disappointing not being able to get out and about due to the weather, but I’m sure you will be just fine in your snug new van with your stitching. It’s weather like that when we really appreciate the van, rather than our previous camping life.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry you are traveling in the rain. And forgot your knitting. But it is what we make it so you'll have a great trip anyway. Be Safe.
xx, Carol

Tired Teacher said...

A cold rain (downpour) takes all the fun out of exploring. I hope you're able to go sightseeing soon. Sorry about the forgotten knitting pattern: I've done that a few times myself.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your van looks very festive. Hope you have fun and the weather plays a bit nicer for you x

Maria said...

Gemma always find nice comfy spots to curl up for a nap.
Beautiful flowering trees on the way.
Sew annoying when we forget something we need on a trip .Lucky you have other projects to work on.

Karen S said...

Love seeing your van set up for Christmas. I think that is such a fun idea.
Glad you had a back up project to see you through.