Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, August 2, 2018

It’s been So Long…..

Its been so long since the dice rolled 1, which is for Horse Quilt Number 2 on my list.  I’m really pleased to be working on it again this week.  When I last left this project, I was making extra black and grey blocks to add to the pile left over from Horse Quilt Number 1.

P1050222

So that’s why these blocks may look familiar.  I hade previously stitched a whole lot more than was required for this quilt, which I made for grand-daughter Emma.

P1030042
Horse Quilt Number 1

So Horse Quilt Number 2 will be similar, but different.  I’m using light blue/aqua for the sashing strips.  And as for the horse content, Plan A was a dismal failure, so I’m going with Plan B.  More about that later as the quilt top progresses.

P1210008
Putting the blocks together

Are you ready for a few more kitten photos?  Gemma decided to attack my apron, pull it down from the hook, and proceeded to drag it around the floor with it in her mouth.  Perhaps the apron strings remind her of snakes which need to be dealt with?

P1210007
Fighting the apron

And when she is good, she is very, very, good.  She loves climbing all over her car tower, then takes herself off to have a snooze in the box in the middle of the tower every now and again.

P1210003P1200993
Just laying about

I’m trying to limit my time sitting at the sewing machine these last few days, as I seem to have pulled a muscle in my back, which is letting me know all about it.  With our trip to Oz fast approaching, I really don’t want to have a sore back while on holiday.

5 comments:

Janice said...

That's no good about your back. I hope it gets better soon. I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt grow. The foundation pieces horse did look rather detailed. How can you not be entranced by your little lady. She is such a cutie.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice horse blocks - good size quilt. the kitty is looking so cute

Tired Teacher said...

It does appear that Gemma loves her tower AND your apron strings. Kittens are such fun to watch. I hope your back improves and doesn't give you problems on your holiday.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That Gemma is such a cute ball of fluff. I loved Mamma Mia, such an upbeat show. Does the audience sing along to the last song like in the live productions? Mind your back Jenny rest it.

Karen S said...

Love seeing the different colour way with the grey blocks. Great combinations.