Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Here We Go, AGAIN

I have to admit it – may be I have a little problem.  Last week I went to see the movies, Mamma Mia, Here we go Again.  And yesterday I went to see it again – because once was not enough.  I loved every minute of it, the songs, the music, the story going back to Donna’s youth.  I laughed, and I cried in the sad bits, and luckily it all ended well.  Maybe I’ll go and see it again – there’s nothing obsessive about that, is there?

Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Cher, Andy Garcia, Meryl Streep, Stellan Skarsgård, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, Dominic Cooper, Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Skinner, Jeremy Irvine, Alexa Davies, Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, and Josh Dylan in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018)

Another repeat performance is making more marmalade.  You may remember brother-in-law Gary brought around a big bag of his home grown oranges some weeks ago, which I turned into marmalade.  Friends have recently dropped off some grapefruit for me, so I’m “marmalading” again.  Robin can’t eat them because of his medication, so I’m enjoying them fresh for breakfast, as well as turning some of them into more marmalade today.

P1200983
Cooking up grapefruit marmalade today

We’ve only had our new kitten Gemma a few weeks, but we are sure she has grown already.  She bounces around like a kitten possessed, then crashes and sleeps like a baby for a little while.  She has made herself quite at home and likes to keep us close by.

P1200933P1200937
Playing with her ball and snake, and curled up on top of the pink and grey cat quilt

With the movie dates and marmalade cooking out of the way, I’m hoping for some free time tomorrow to do some sewing, fingers crossed.  I’ll leave you with this glorious sunset from last night, so pretty.

P1200968
Sunset in Levin

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Gemma has grown so much, and Mamma Mia, I need to see that too.

June said...

I'm hoping to see that film soon, and who knows I might not stop at one visit! I have the original film on DVD and many of the songs on my phone, you can't beat a good Abba song! What a gorgeous kitten.

Kate said...

Now I'm anxious to see this!! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are all the same people in this second movie? I did see the first one but really didn't care for it all that much but my sister saw the second and she said she really liked it too.
I have never heard of grapefruit marmalade

Maria said...

Always great when you enjoy a good movie..
Gemma's sew cute and i'm sure she keeps in busy.
Amazing sunset...

Tired Teacher said...

Gorgeous sunset!

Karen S said...

Glad yo enjoyed the movie - twice!
Great work with the marmalade, too
And i see a lot of mischief in the future with a new kitten. Have fun.

Janice said...

I haven’t seen the first Mamma Mia movie, so I don’t think I’d get the full benefit of the sequel. It sounds good. Enjoy that marmalade. It looks yummy. It is amazing how quickly kittens grow. I’m glad she is settling in well.