Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

How many more blocks do I need?

It’s been a busy few days, making the most of having a weekend at home, and working on Horse Quilt No 2.  I’ve been stitching blocks together and working out how to get them to fit around the horse element of this quilt.  Here’s a sneak peek with Gemma helping my design decisions by jumping all over the quilt blocks laid out on our bed.  I’m sure she thinks she is helping me, but this little ball of energy leaps here, leaps there, bounces all over the bed, having a high old time.

P1200941

Once I worked our the maths of how to attach the blocks to the central area the rest will go together so much easier.  I decided to have a count and see if I have enough blocks to complete this quilt top.  This is what I have left.

P1210012

Not quite enough – I need to stitch another 13 nine patch blocks, I’ll be able to make a good start on them this afternoon, and hopefully get them finished.  That will be another step closer. 

I’m working under pressure here – Gemma has decided that jumping up on my knees while I’m sitting at the computer writing a blog is a great thing to do.  Here she is, all squashed up next to the table but happy to be close by.  She is trialing her little pink harness today, all ready for her first trip away in the caravan next weekend – it doesn’t seem to worry her one little bit.

P1210014
Helping with the blogging

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

When Felicity was small, she had a harness too. But one day she leapt out the caravan window, we were so lucky the lead was long enough so she landed on the ground. This was at Lake Tutira in Hawkes Bay. Enjoy the travels with Gemma.

Janice said...

It sounds like Gemma is making herself right at home now. Next weekend will be quite the adventure with both the new Jeep as well as Gemma’s first caravanning trip.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope Gemma's first camping experience will be a great one. I have never wanted a pet in our motorhome as it is a small home (26 feet) and I feel it is too small for a pet and would not want to deal with a cat box - where to put for one thing where it would be out of the way and not get knocked into!! Also some places we go can not have pets on the trails because of wild animals so would need to leave it alone and if there is not an electric hook up (we camp in the national forests a lot) it could get too hot in the vehicle. How do you deal with it?

Tired Teacher said...

Will Gemma have a leash attached to her harness? It's a grand idea to get her acclimated to the harness while she's so young. I hope her first outing will go smoothly.

Maria said...

Hope you got the rest of your blocksmade . Gemma's a fun helper...
I'm sure she'll love going caravanning with you both.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Isn't it great to have help with the blogging? I could certainly use a hand with the quilt maths I know. How is Gemma with that? LOL

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a sweetie is your little Gemma. I hope she likes her road trip away x

Karen S said...

There always has to be some maths involved. It is worth working out and planning ahead. Good luck.