Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Navigation Skills Fail Again

Perhaps  I‘ve mentioned that I’m hopeless finding my way around sometimes?  We drove up to Palmerston North today, stopping several times to get the things on my list.  Robin has no trouble negotiating the various twists and turns of this city, but I have to admit that I find it a bit confusing.  Our last stop was at Spotlight – I needed some black homespun to complete a couple of projects.  After waiting, and waiting, (why does this shop only have two people on the counter, when there is a large crowd waiting for service?)  it was finally my turn to be served.  Transaction completed, I recrossed the road, back to the car park.

But where was our car?  I was sure it was on the end of one of those rows.  Up and down I walked, starting to get worried.  Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket, so gave Robin a call to see where he was.  Just hope he answers, his phone could well have been left at home.

Our conversation went like this:

Me:  Have you moved the car?
Robin:  It’s where we parked it.  Have a look around and you will see it.
Me:  Where?  It’s not on the end of the row.
Robin:  It never was.  Look over here – can you see me waving?
Me: No, I can’t.  Oh, there you are. 

I opened the door and slunk inside, mortified that I had lost the car.  Mind you, they all look the same these days.  My navigation skills have failed yet again!

1 comment:

nestki said...

Dear Jenny,
I've got an idea: the last time you went to Spotlight, you did park at the end of the row! Try not to be too hard on yourself, it was a complicated day and you did a lot of things right. It's funny how we always zero in on the thing we did wrong. Perhaps it's a survival mechanism.