Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I’ve run out of Thread!

There I was, stitching away happily on my eagle wall-hanging, when I ran out of green thread.  Bother!  So much for a quiet hour or so at the sewing machine.  It’s too late in the day to rush down to the quilt shop to get some more thread, and I don’t feel like working on anything else at the moment.  Guess I’ll just have to sit down with a coffee, instead.

I went down town this morning, to attend to a few errands.  First stop was the library, as I’d finished my last library book, and really just can’t live without something to read.  I’m not a magazine type of girl at all, give me a decent sized book, any day.  It is the first week of the school holidays, and there were groups of kids everywhere, even in the library.  Libraries all seem to have computers available for quite a low cost these days, and they are very popular with young and old alike. 

It’s been a busy old day, out this morning for a bit of shopping, and a big load of washing flapping outside in the sunshine on the clothesline.  And then a spot of sewing in the afternoon – till I ran out of thread.  Never mind, I’ll get some more tomorrow.

No comments: