Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Label Cushion

My friend Kathryn was turning 65 and as an official pensioner now qualifies for the Gold Card.  We don’t usually do birthday presents but I had some special labels and buttons to utilise.  These were from a Memory Quilt I had made for her a while ago using pieces from her partner Graeme’s clothing, putting the unused labels and buttons aside for another project.  Turning 65 was quite a big deal, I thought, and a cushion seemed a nice way to use up the labels and buttons.  The cushion fabric was cream with a white strip to tone in with Kathryn’s furnishings.  There is no way I can do “random” so everything had to be set out neatly in rows.

DSCF2304-001 Kathryn’s label cushion

The Caravan Club ladies gathered at Kathryn’s home for lunch, and to wish her well for her birthday.  Happy 65th Birthday, Kathryn!

DSCF2318

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

I'm right with you on the random thing. Find it very hard to do.

Cheers

Linda