This week Mary was the Sew Wot hostess, and we were all there with the exception of Helen who is enjoying a holiday in UK, how exciting! Mary started off the show and tell with her recently completed knitting, a pair of socks and fingerless gloves.
Mary's knitting
Sandra had knitting to show as well, three little baby jumpers for donation. The stripey one used up some part balls, it's always good to get them used up and gone.
Three little baby jumpers by Sandra
Then Mary presented Heather with a belated birthday gift. What's in the parcel? A pair of fingerless gloves and a tiny little fabric basket with a selection of interesting bits and pieces.
A birthday gift for Heather
We all admired this lovely purple hued quilt hanging on the wall. It was made with "stack and whack" blocks and Mary used some of her mother's embroidery. Such a great way of showcasing these beautiful family treasures.
Mary's beautiful quilt is so special
Morning tea is always a highlight of our get-togethers, so tasty. We all loved the toasted asparagus rolls topped with cheese, they were a real hit, I had to quickly take a photo before they were all eaten.
Morning tea is served
We all had another very pleasant morning, knitting away, and chatting, like we always do. Many thanks indeed to Mary for hosting us. And I came home with two bags of goodies. A selection of Perle 5 thread, which I use for stitcheries and big stitch quilting, from Heather. I don't use stranded cotton at all, it is just not my thing.
Thank you Heather
And a big bag of Aussie fabrics from Mary, for donation quilts and draw string bags, plus a few other bits and pieces too. I certainly had fun looking through this bag when I got home. Gemma thought it looked rather interesting too.
Approved by Gemma
6 comments:
I like those fingerless gloves did you make those on round needles?
All additions to your stash must be Gemma approved! Your sew wots are also knit wits! Gathering with friends is good for the soul.
Alway enjoy coming along with you to Sew Wot mornings and see all the beautiful projects the ladies work on.
The morning tea does make me feel hungry!
Aaw such a wonderful visit. I love those fingerless gloves and the cardigans are precious. Wow Mary's quilt is an heirloom. It sounds like fun was had by all.
Lovely show and tell. Lots of knitting still happening with everyone.
Lovely goodies for you to bring home, too.
The SewWots having another fantastic gathering.
God bless.
Post a Comment