Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Hello Teddies

 The teddy cushion panels have finally received the last of their big stitch quilting.  Not at all difficult, but this project got put aside more than once while I worked on other things.  I do find hand quilting nice and relaxing, especially doing big stitch quilting.   These pretty cushion panels came from the  Sew Wots who often bring along items looking for a new home to our get-togethers.  I gladly picked them up to take home, they will be perfect for cushions for the foster kids, I decided.  

I outlined the teddies with big stitch quilting

Then it was a simple matter to add a lining to cover my stitching, then add an envelope opening for the back.  I had recently purchased some cushion inners so they were all ready and waiting to be stuffed inside.   The teddy cushions will be donated to Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and will be  handed out  as a Christmas gift for someone to cuddle.

Two teddy cushions

We all know that bears, and teddies too, are very fond of honey.  I wonder if they would like a taste of my lemon honey I made in the microwave this morning?  Mmmm, it's delicious!

Lemon honey, freshly made

 

No comments: