Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Pink makes the boys wink

 Pink makes the boys wink, that is what we used to say when we were young pre-teen girls at school.  Don't know if it is really true, but I've got a bit of pink knitting this week.   First is a pair of very pink socks.  They started like this, using some pink sock yarn produced by Breast Cancer NZ as a fund raiser, a Mother's Day gift from my daughter, and I teamed it with a paler pink double knitting yarn.  Knitted together this makes my nice cozy 12ply winter socks which I like to knit, and wear.

Mother's Day socks

Knitted two at a time, they are finally finished, and the side seam stitched up.  I think they are very pretty, certainly nice and warm for my always cold feet.


All finished

After quite a bit of time out, I got working again on my cotton summer top.  The back and the front have been finished for a while, so I've been  knitting away on the short sleeves, and got them finished.  Just like my socks, I always knit sleeves two at a time as well.  So now I just have to sit down and stitch the pieces together. 


Two short sleeves for my summer top

I've recently finished reading a James Patterson/J D Barker book, this was not in the usual James Patterson style.  It was quite an exciting read and tells the tale of an imminent danger to mankind, and the clock is ticking.  Scientists were working on a project, and had been ordered to weaponize the experiment, with the President issuing lies and cover ups as it all got out of control.  I'm quite a fan of James Patterson and particularly like his Alex Cross detective series.


I enjoyed this one

1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

The two shades of pink knit into a beautiful textured look on your new socks. Your new summer top should be ready to wear soon. Good timing as you head towards your warm weather season.