Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Yellow RSC Sewing

I've been busy stitching yellow.  These  little drawstring  bags for foster kids were completed last week, but then I had to go and purchase some suitable coloured cords.  All done now.  The top two have motifs declaring "winner",  with a gold cup and laurel wreath, that's certainly different, and I received this fabric together with a whole heap more from my former neighbour Dorothy.    Then I stitched two bags for boys featuring trucks, tractors and diggers, and the last one with cute farm animals - these fabrics were donated to me recently.

Five yellow draw string bags

String blocks were also stitched, using a handful of assorted yellow strings.  Not quite enough, so I had to go hunting and cut a few more to give me the number I wanted.  I had decided on 20 blocks, to make a small cot quilt.  These were stitched on left-over tracing vinyl,  so I was pleased to use some more of that up too.  

20 blocks stitched

Once the blocks are trimmed they look so much better, don't they.  

I've just finished reading a book which I rediscovered tucked away in the book case, "There and Back" by Barry Crump, which tells about Sam Cash.  Sam is a teller of great yarns and tall stories, as he travels around the country finding a little work here and there to keep him in beer and before moving on to more adventures.  Barry Crump was a well known and much loved  Kiwi icon, a hunting, fishing, shooting type of bloke, and his writing career started in 1960 with his semi-autobiographical book "A Good Keen Man".  He continued to write 24 novels about the rugged New Zealand outdoors. 


There and Back, by Barry Crump

No comments: