The last remaining dinosaurs have been chilling out with me in the sewing room. There was just a limited amount of fabric left, enough for a toddler quilt I decided. And I liked the idea of using yellow as accents, the RSC colour for August.
I couldn't match up the dinosaurs, so cut the fabric into four, and added sashing in the middle. Then yellow and grey borders with nine patch corners. That's the top done, it doesn't look too bad, does it.
Dinosaurs roam again
And I always like to get the binding made at this stage so had a look through the stash for something suitable, choosing a white, black and grey print. Luckily, there was sufficient to make the binding.
Binding prepared
Hopefully I will get this layered and pinned up this week. There is a nice piece of grey fleece which should be big enough for the backing, otherwise I'll have to come up with Plan B, whatever that might be.
The local firemen came calling on Thursday, at the request of the Body Corporate of our village. They were here to test the fire alarms in our homes. One engine came in the morning, and had to rush away to answer a call. Later on, another engine and crew arrived to complete the job. Knock, knock, on my door, they poked a pole up into the ceiling alarms to set if off and make sure it was working, then off to the next house to repeat the operation. Such a nice bunch of fit young men, and a couple of them were happy to pose for a photo. They enjoy getting out in the community, they said, talking to the people.
1 comment:
Great way to use the last of your fabric in that dinosaur quilt top. The grey and yellow work really well with it.
That is a wonderful service provided by your fire brigade.
Post a Comment