Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Sew Wot Tuesday

 There was another Sew Wot birthday to celebrate on Tuesday, this time Heather was the birthday girl.  We gathered at Carol's home, two of our ladies  couldn't make it, so it was a group of five this time.  Mmmm, I wonder what is in all these interesting parcels - we watched on as Heather duly opened each one.

Happy Birthday Heather

She received some bulbs and a plant for the garden, fabric, ironing spray, chocolate, a wind chime, and a pretty little plastic bin for the kitchen.  It's always so much fun to see what comes out of these wrapped gifts.

Only one show and tell item this time, it was my yellow dinosaur quilt made from an Op Shop duvet cover, with a cozy grey fleece backing.

My show and tell

There was a pile of quilt magazines brought along for us to browse through.  These were English mags, which I hadn't seen before, so I took a few home to peruse.  In the meantime we chatted away, most of us were knitting, I was working on my pink socks, and enjoyed each other's company.  

Morning tea was set out on the table, and look, a cream sponge with candles!  We all sung Happy Birthday to Heather.  The table was set with a very pretty soft blue quilt which Carol had recently finished.

Morning tea is served

Another lovely Sew Wot morning, many thanks to Carol for being the hostess this time.  Carol's husband arrived back home just before we departed, and he was reassured that we hadn't eaten all the food, there was plenty left for him to enjoy for lunch!


6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a wonderful way to spend the morning with your friends!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to have birthday celebrations as I know some of you are by yourselves now. It's nice to have celebrations

loulee said...

It's always good to get together with friends.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Another lovely visit with the Sew Wots. It sounds like Heather had a good birthday and a delightful time was had by all.

Ali Honey said...

Such good company!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's wonderful that you continue to regularly meet with these friends, though I understand the challenge of trying to get everyone to attend. Life happens. I'm happy you could knit your pink socks while visiting. I have been finding it very challenging to knit while chatting. I guess I haven't fully developed that skill set yet! Ha, ha.