Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Sew Wot Tuesday

 I welcomed the Sew Wot ladies at my home on Tuesday, with one apology.  The heat pump was going, to keep us nice and cozy.  Gemma was on the welcoming committee too, checking out all the interesting bags placed on the floor and beside the seats, and enjoying all the pats she received.  Quite often, she can be stand-offish with visitors, but this time she was really lapping up all the attention she was getting.  


Gemma with Sandra and Carol

There was quite a bit of knitting for show and tell.  Mary had been knitting up a storm and had made a pair of socks, and two sets of fingerless gloves.  Her hands were really feeling the cold this winter, she commented, so those gloves will certainly do the trick, keeping her warm.


Mary's socks and gloves

Carol had completed another baby set to be donated to the Neo Natal Ward, comprising of a vest, hat and booties knitted in teal coloured wool, with lemon details.  


Baby set by Carol

And there was more donation knitting by Sandra, a pretty blue jumper, and a cozy red cardigan.  Both very nice indeed, and will keep some youngsters nice and warm.


Sandra's knitting

And I had my recently completed donation quilt to show, string pieced blocks with burgundy batik sashing.  This will be passed on very soon.


My donation quilt

Heather had brought along a pile of quilting magazines, so we spent a little time checking them out, and taking a few which appealed to us.  I offered to take the left over mags down to the Op Shop the next time I go, to save Heather taking them back home again.  Mary was doing some blanket stitch, so I had a look at how she did it, for when I get started on the donated Christmas Stockings.  Will I remember though?  I will probably need to sit down with her again, thread and needle in hand, to make sure I know exactly how to go about it.  Maybe at the next Sew Wots morning.

Morning tea was served, tea and coffees made, thanks Sandra for your help.  As usual, we had plenty to chat about, as the morning progressed.


Morning tea time

It was so nice to welcome everyone, and be the hostess for the morning.  Then in two weeks time, we will meet up again.


No comments: