My second funky dinosaur quilt is finished, this one has touches of yellow, the RSC colour chosen for the month. I'm quite pleased how it turned out, and used up the last remaining pieces of dinosaur fabric. I pinned it all together for quilting using some grey fleece for the backing. Although the sandwhich was quite thick, I just took my time and didn't have and trouble with the stitching.
Machine quilting
There was a Stitching Day organised by the quilt club last week, and I decided that stitching down the binding would be a good job to do on the day. The binding clips were all in place, and Gemma decided this was a comfy spot I made was just for her. She certainly looks happy and content, doesn't she.So then on the Stitching Day I sat and stitched the binding into place. I do enjoy sewing the binding down, sitting quietly and stitch by stitch working away, turning the corners, and then, all done. Mind you, it wasn't really quiet on the day, there was plenty of chatter going on, and wandering around the hall to see what the other ladies were working on. Such a pleasant day, member Susan always makes some home made muffins to share for morning tea, and we take our own lunches too. The day usually finished about 2.30pm.
1 comment:
Your dinosaur quilts are so cute, Jenny! You got a lot of fabric out of that dinosaur duvet cover. Fun finishes!
Post a Comment