Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Stitched Sewing Bird for Kate

 My great niece Kate is turning 25 and having a get together to celebrate this milestone with friends and family.  Sadly we are unable to travel up to Hastings to join in the fun, as we had planned.  My son Michael turns 60 this month (gulp, how did that happen?) and we will be having a short caravan trip  down to the South Island to see him.  

I made Kate a cushion for her birthday and sent it up by mail.  She received it the following day, that was really quick, I though.  Kate likes blue, and she is one of those clever girls who can stitch hexagons together with ease - I'm sure I couldn't do that.  

The cushion features a pretty little stitchery of a sewing bird, which I had done some time ago.  It was sitting waiting patiently to be made into something and I'm sure it is one of  Michelle Ridgeway's lovely designs.

Happy Birthday to Kate

15 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful gift for Kate.

Nancy J said...

I hope the ferry crossings go to plan, we hope to fly down late November. Love the stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You made the perfect gift for Kate! Such a cute little bird embroidery! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Jill said...

The blue trim sets off the sweet ‘lil embroidered bird nicely! A lovely cushion.

Julierose said...

Oh now i just love that pillow--what a great gift...nice work hugs, Julierose

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a lovely gift!
My Daughter turned 45, and I must admit I have nothing for her! She has everything she needs.

CathieJ said...

I am sure Kate will cherish your beautiful gift. Enjoy your future trip to visit your son

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful gift for your Kate!

Barwitzki said...

Oh how beautiful... homemade gifts are the best because they are made with a lot of love.
A Sunday greeting comes to you from Viola

loulee said...

A lovely gift for a needle woman.

Lyndsey said...

A very pretty cushion and I love the sewing bird. I hope you trip to your son's birthday goes smoothly.

Jackie said...

What a cute cushion. Love the sewing bird.

God bless.

Jeanna said...

You made a beautiful pillow with the embroidered block. I'm sure this special gift is loved.

Karen S said...

That is a gorgeous gift. Lovely stitching.

Janice said...

What a lovely and appropriate gift. I’m sure she will love it.