Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Orange blocks for Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 Orange is the RSC colour of the month.  How much orange do I have, I wondered?  Not too much but enough to make some blocks.  First up were some Hollow Nine blocks.  I'm only using cut squares tucked away in a small bag.  There were enough little squares to make two orange blocks, and then I found some cream squares to make two more blocks.  That will do for August.

Hollow Nines

I've used up the final  previously prepared four patch blocks this month, to turn them into bordered four patches.  There are spots, cats, flowers and afternoon tea settings.  Guess I'll need a count up and see if there are enough blocks stitched for a small donation quilt.

Bordered four patches

There was only one more block set to work on, Happy blocks.  Wonder if there is anything in orange tones in my collection of 5 inch squares?  Only three - orange pumpkins, orange sheep, and pale orange/cream batik leaves.  


Happy Blocks

So that's all I have in orange this month.  Happy stitching everyone.


12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are doing a great job using up those squares in the bag. How many more are left?

Julie in GA said...

Great orange blocks! I don't have as much orange as other colors either.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm back to taking a break from RSC again for a little bit - I might be starting all over again next year I guess to finish the quilts started. I have some orange but not a lot

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blocks, Jenny! I love the cream print with orange butterflies on it. I don't have a lot of orange either, but it's fun to get it out and see what can be done with it!

loulee said...

Lots of orange blocks. It's not a colour I have a lot of either, but I found enough to make my Kiwis.

Sue said...

Wow, you're done with orange & I haven't even started on orange yet. I'd better get going. Your blocks are super cute!

Karen S said...

Good to see you making the most of the orange that you do have.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty blocks for August! I love orange but it can be hard to find even in quilt shops. Have a great week!

Susan said...

you really do embrace the "scrap" idea! well done

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great start on your orange blocks!

Jackie said...

Not much in the way of orange here. Though my next quilt will have a bit.

God bless.

Maria said...

They are happy blocks and all your blocks will make great kids quilts.