Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Sew Wot Tuesday

 Mary was the hostess for this Sew Wot Tuesday, and we met in her new to her home.  I had a slight navigational error as I hadn't been there before - I was in the right street but was confused what number her hose was so had to phone and ask.  As it happened, I was parked right outside a block of two flats, so I was almost right.  Nest time, I'll know exactly where to go.

Mary welcomed us inside and after we were settled, we were shown the tablecloth she had been working on.  This was an Op Shop find, and Mary completed the embroidery and added a border in a pretty floral fabric which picked up all the colours she had been working with.

Mary's completed tablecloth

As well, Mary had been knitting up a storm, making several pairs of wooly slipper socks for a friend to wear.  Carol also had been knitting, and had completed a couple of baby vests and matching hats for donation.  With all the chatting going on,  I omitted getting photos of these projects.

Carol and her hubby had recently been house sitting, and while away, had been extra busy, there was a whole bunch of donation quilts and quilt tops for show and tell.

Lovely Log Cabin

I love the blues in this one

This is a pretty design

This one is full of pretty squares

Heather had been busy too, bringing a couple of completed quilts.  This pretty pussy cat quilt has a cozy fleece backing and will be donated.


Cat quilt for donation


And Heather made this pretty teal blue quilt for her step-granddaughters birthday.

I had brought along my two purple pencil pouches to show as well.

We spent a delightful morning, knitting and chatting away, and then it was time for morning tea.  Wonderful toasty smells were coming from the kitchen, and Mary brought out toasted asparagus rolls and cheesy toasts.  Together with other delightful home baking.  We never go hungry at our Sew Wot mornings.


Tasty Morning Tea

Thank you Mary, for a lovely morning, it was great, as always.


11 comments:

Connie said...

I love seeing all this eye candy, it inspires me to get into the sewing room and make something new. I am so grateful that at my age I still have good eyes and hands that can create and stay busy. I believe that some of us were meant to continue the old ways of making homemade items with thread and needle and hopefully inspire some of the younger women of the world to keep this art going :)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Toasted Asparagus rolls sounds so yummy. It sounds like a good time was had by all. Lots of fabulous fun projects as well. Have a lovely day, Jenny

Astrid said...

Lots of pretty quilts and your pouches too! Love the idea to add a matching border to the tablecloth, so pretty. The morning tea looks sooo yummy.

Raewyn said...

As always lots of lovely show and tell. I like what Mary has done with her op shop find. And no, you don't ever seem to go hungry, do you?!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your SewWot group is very productive! Nothing better than time spent with friends, stitching/knitting and sharing food together!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that log cabin quilt you show and you sure do not go home hungry after get together!

Lyndsey said...

Love all the show and tell, such beautiful items have been created. The food looks delicious.

Jackie said...

Mary did a lovely job on the tablecloth. I never thought of adding a border to any of Mom's that I finished. Now I just may do so.

Wow, what a lot of quilts.

God bless.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Stitching days with friends are always nice. Beautiful tablecloth and very nice show and tell x

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a treat these Sew Wot meetings are! So many lovely quilts this time and that tablecloth is spectacular! And such a tasty lunch too!

Maria said...

Mary did a lovely job finishing off the table cloth.
All the ladies have been very busy making all those gorgeous quilts..
As usual you all enjoyed the delicious morning tea Mary made.