Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, September 16, 2023

More Aqua/Teal and a Lime Green Birdy

There was time for a little more RSC sewing with aqua and teal this week.  My girls Happy Blocks were first, although I could only find two charm squares in this colourway.  They will get added into the big pile and I will need to have a count up to see how many I have.

P1030851

Happy Blocks for my girls quilt

I knew exactly how many boys Happy Blocks I needed to stitch to get the required number, but not a single  aqua block was stitched.  However, I sewed a selection of other colours instead, depending on what boys charm squares  I had left.  I found more wolves, critters and knights on horseback, and the next step will be to get this quilt assembled.

P1030777

For a young boys quilt

What else?  How about some easy peasy Horizon blocks for another boys donation quilt.  I’m making this in blacks and greys, with strips of aqua/teal this month.  I’m very impressed with these Horizon blocks as they stitch up so quickly, so I’m considering making both a boys and girls version for next years RSC donation quilts.

P1030862

Horizon blocks

We bought our cat Gemma a new toy recently, actually two toys the same came in the package.  One will be kept for her to enjoy in the caravan on future trips.  She runs around with   it  in her mouth, pats it around the floor, then drops it in her water bowl!  Poor toy has lost some of it’s feathers now after all this treatment but she still loves it.

P1030785

Gemma’s new toy

16 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Pretty happy blocks,they will make for a beautiful quilt,I have a beagle & she makes me laugh with the silly things she does

Anonymous said...

Our grand dog, Finn, loves to run around with a dirty sock in his mouth. I can’t wait to see your horizon blocks in a quilt. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Julierose said...

Neat, fun blocks you are making for boys' and girls' donation quilts;)))
How funny that Gemma totes the little birdy around with her...
Hugs for a good weekend...Julierose

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your Happy blocks are fun! The more Horizon blocks you make, the more I like them! Getting excited to see all the blocks together!

maggie fellow said...

the blocks look great - the horizon block looks interesting - are all the small blocks the same size?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blocks will turn into cute quilts for the child you donate them for

grammajudyb said...

Happy Blocks are so much fun! I’m definitely going to make more. I’m really looking at those horizon block too! Grays ans blacks are a great idea for a boys quilt!

Kitties do love their toys. It brings a chuckle every time.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lots of lovely blocks, Jenny. That's the thing about cat toys...they are so adorable. Dog toys not so much. Gemma is a lucky little pet.

loulee said...

Lovely blocks Jenny.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such pretty Happy Blocks, Jenny and love the Horizon blocks. You are having a busy weekend. Have a very lovely day.

Susie H said...

Your Happy Blocks are just that -- HAPPY! Those Horizon blocks are super pretty and I love the idea of using grays with the RSC colors for donation quilts next year. I might get on board with you on that one (if you don't mind, of course) next year too!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The horizon blocks are going to look great when they are all sewn together.

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Your blocks are looking good! I like the colors in the horizon blocks. Might be a good choice for me to use up some darks next year. Thanks for sharing.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Horizon blocks will make an attractive quilt for a teenager.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice Happy blocks! And the Horizon blocks are striking in gray and aqua. Cute toy for Gemma. I love watching my furry friend play with a ping pong ball.

Maria said...

A fabulous pile of aqua blocks….