Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

It was a day out in the country for us on Tuesday.  Carol and her hubby were house sitting at Helen's home, and looking after Ruby the dog.  Ruby barked as the quilters cars arrived, she was only doing her job after all, and then quickly settled down.  Our group was a little smaller with two away, but the rest of us had a nice morning together, as always. 

Down sizing the sewing stash must be in the air as there were bits and pieces for us to look through and take what we wanted.  Heather and Sandra were very interested in a bag of buttons, and I selected some crochet cotton to post up to my daughter.  I sent her a photo to show what I had chosen on her behalf, and she will be thrilled to get them, she told me.  Nicky has taught herself to crochet, and has made lace edging, and a warm wool shawl, what a clever girl, I couldn't get to grips with this craft.

Of course there was some show and tell to share.  At our last Sew Wots morning there was some fabric looking for a new home, and I spotted a little piece printed with trains.  Just the thing to make a draw string bag for Foster Hope I thought, so I stitched it last week to bring along.

P1020666

Draw string bag

I think we would be surprised if Carol didn’t have some knitting donations to share.  This time she had a baby’s jumper and hat, and a cute pink piggy.

P1020663

Made by Carol

Heather had a special request from one of her daughters.  Could she make a reversible sun hat with a pony tail hole at the back please?  Of course she could!

P1020664

Sun hat for a daughter

And that wasn’t all which Heather was making for her girls.  She had made socks, big ones for another daughter, and matching little ones for her grand child.

P1020667

Mother and child socks

Carol also had a quilt top to show.  This will be a 30th Anniversary gift for her son and daughter-in-law.  Pretty pastel saw tooth stars.

P1020665

Anniversary quilt

The dining table was set, and we settled down to a tasty morning tea, thanks so much Carol.

P1020669

Morning tea is served

While we were enjoying our morning tea, the cows outside were happily munching away in the paddock.  They are due to calf soon, so that will make life on the farm busy for a while.

P1020671

Life on the farm

Then we settled down to hand work again, as it turned out, everyone was knitting.  Carol was starting on another doll, Jude and Heather were making socks, Sandra was getting to the end of a donation baby jumper, and I was working on the sleeves of my navy blue cardigan.

P1020672

Sandra, Carol, Jude and Heather

It was another lovely morning again, many thanks to Carol for being the hostess.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you had fun as always and enjoy such a pretty tea also. So many lovely items made.

Maria said...

Another lovely morning with the ladies sharing your show and tell, enjoying morning tea while knitting and chatting. 😁

Helenchaffin said...

what a fun get together & a tea party to boot!

Julierose said...

How lovely to be able to visit and exchange de-stashings;)) That table looks so inviting--yum!!
Only 47 degrees this chilly morning--back to Early Spring temps for a bit here. This is why I never planted before May 31st when I gardened...such changeable weather here by the sea...

I hope the rest of your week will be lovely hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

❤️ the cute knit pig! It’s wonderful to have a group of friends who share common interests.

loulee said...

Always plenty to see with the sew wots.

Jackie said...

As always such lovely projects to show.

You all look so contented working on your various projects.

God bless.

Barwitzki said...

Nice work is going on here with you... I love the sun hat :-)))
and yes placemats are my new favourite... i like them.
I made little coasters and now the placemats in the works... this is fun. Yes, it will be finished relatively quickly :-)))
Many greetings to you and happy work with handwork. Viola

CathieJ said...

What a wonderful way to spend a morning. I love all the various projects. The food has my mouth watering.

Janice said...

I’ve just been having a nice catch up read of your recent posts. We were fortunate to witness such a historic event as the Coronation. Your Sew Wot mornings continue to provide lots of lovely show and tell. I hope your cardigan is finished fairly soon so you can wear it during winter.