Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Noah’s Ark Stitcheries and Knitting

I’ve finally found time to work on my small Noah’s Ark stitcheries, these are designed by Lynette Anderson-O’Rourke.  I took these away on our South Island trip earlier in the year, and worked on them at various stops on our holiday.  Sadly they have been “out of sight, out of mind” for a wee while.

The first small block completed were a couple of very friendly penguins, holding hands as they walk into the Ark.  Aren't they cute!

P1020641

Penguins

Next were two strange looking blue birds, clutching a silver fish in their beaks, while each were astride a tortoise.  Two by two, they enter the Ark.  These blocks may be small,but they take a while to do.

P1020643

Birds on a tortoise

As for my knitting, I have now finished the fronts of my navy blue cardigan, but still have the button bands to knit.  And I’ve started the sleeves.  Just like the fronts, I knit these at the same time on the needles.

P1020638

Two fronts done

Happy Mother’s Day to all those who celebrate on this Sunday.  My daughter Nicky sent me a parcel containing home made chocolates and a pretty pink crocheted book mark.  My son Michael gave a call later in the evening, so that was nice too – especially as he usually ignores Mother’s Day.

P1020640

Hand made gifts from Nicky

I’m cooking up our own Mother’s Day feast for dinner.  Corned beef, carrots, parsnips, and cabbage in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, mustard sauce, and some Spicy Apple Cake I had tucked away in the freezer.  Sounds good to me!

15 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Mother's Day meal sounds delicious! My husband is picking up carryout pizza for our meal. I don't have to cook! Have a lovely day, blessings!

Jill said...

Noah's Ark will be sweet when all put together as each one shown is darling. A thoughtful parcel sent by your daughter. Love the bookmark. Your meal sounds delicious.

loulee said...

You've been making good progress.

ButterZ said...

Oh that meal sounds delicious. What is the recipe. I don’t use my slow cooker enough. But I love corned beef/silverside.
Happy Mother’s Day to you.

CathieJ said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your embroidery and knitting are looking so pretty.

Ivani said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Jenny.
The ark pairs embroidery is so cute!
Have a great stitching week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes kids just ignore Mother's Day other times they remember. I will be cooking up our own meal later today too. I have not managed to enjoy making two pieces at one time on the knitting needles - I tried it once and it did turn out ok but I found it frustrating at times - your sweater is looking nice- it reminds me I need to take the needles out to the porch with me this summer

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Those little blocks are darling! Any sons do tend to slide by the 'Hallmark holidays' a bit, don't they? Happy Mother's Day to us both!

Julierose said...

Oh yum for that corned beef--one of my favorite meals...today we are bbq-ing for my daughter and family...it is a beautiful sunny day, too--and just a bit chilly. Enjoy your dinner--lovely hand made gifts--hugs, Julierose HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you;)))

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy Mother's Day. Great projects you are working on. My Noah's Ark, the same ones, I started long, long ago and are somewhere, but haven't been seen for years. Happy stitching and knitting!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The stitched blocks are adorable. Happy Mother’s Day!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Mother's Day , Jenny. Your embroidery pieces are so adorable. The birds on the tortoises have so much detail. Your knitting is looking great. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day meal; it sounds delicious.

Kim said...

Well, your Mother's Day celebratory dinners sounds rather delish, Jenny. Lovely gifts you received. The bookmark is lovely. Sons.........=) Those little embroidered animals boarding The Ark make me smile. So sweet.

Jenn Jilks said...

You really do inspire! I must get needling!!!

Sarah said...

Your little blocks are very sweet! Lovely Mother’s Day gift and to hear from your son too!