Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, November 4, 2022

Something I Prepared Earlier

My two grownup granddaughters have just celebrated their birthdays, just a few weeks apart.  They both wanted another pair of hand knitted socks, so I was happy to oblige.  They were so thrilled with the pair they each  received last Christmas that they said they would love another pair.  After all, they said, they had never had a hand knitted pair of socks before!  How could I refuse?  This time, they checked out the internet with me and chose their own colours.  Emma chose “Flower Garden” and Megan’s choice was “Lilac Scent”. .

P1030704-001

Even though these fine socks take me a while to knit, I finished both pairs of socks in good time and had them tucked away till needed.  It’s always good not to have to rush to get gifts completed at the last minute.   And here they are, two more pair of 4ply socks.

P1000637

Birthday socks

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

once a person wears hand knit socks I think you don't want to go back to store bought! I have hand knit socks that are 10 years old and I keep wearing them in the winter and collect one or two more each winter from etsy shops seeing as I can't seem to make them.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Lovely socks! Your granddaughters are going to love them.

Ivani said...

They are beautiful, Jenny and your granddaugthers will love them.

Jackie said...

Great birthday socks. I really love the colours that the girls chose.

God bless.

loulee said...

Two very lucky young ladies.