Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Royal Corgi, and Socks

My slow Sunday stitching got a bit of a hurry-up today as I really wanted to finish this small corgi stitchery.  I had already stitched two of these to put on a secret Christmas gift, so no pictures just yet.  Then I thought, why not make one for me as well, I’m sure I’ll use it some time, perhaps on an apron pocket or a tea towel.  This lovely free pattern is from https://jacquelynnesteves.com/blog/ and she designed this stitchery in honour of Queen Elizabeth when she passed away.

P1000732

Royal corgi

Over the last few months I’ve been busy knitting two pair of socks at the same time. 

P1000371

The first to be completed were my burgundy Franken-socks, using up the ends of the Zauberball 4 ply Sock Yarn.  If these socks looks familiar,   its because I have already knitted two pair from this yarn.  I had enough from these two balls to do the rib tops, then used up other odds and ends in similar shades of left over yarn to complete the feet.

P1000675P1000696

Burgundy socks – completed

Then just last week I completed my thicker 12ply pair.  This time I used 8ply double knit together with left over purply shaded sock yarn.  To be honest, I prefer knitting these thicker socks, they are so much quicker!

P1000723P1000725

Another pair of thick socks, ready for next winter

So that’s three things ticked off my “must finish” list.  Last month I received a gift of some gorgeous hand spun cream double knit wool, and I can’t wait to cast on and get knitting again.  Then there are all my quilting projects too.  As I tell Robin, I’ll never run out of things to do!

18 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love the corgi stitchery. Such a nice way of honouring the queen’s long life of service. Your feet will never be cold with those cozy socks to wear. Enjoy your stitching and knitting this week!

Kim said...

Yes, we quilters/knitters will never run out of things to make; will we?? =) The little corgi with the British flag is very sweet. Love those socks. The burgundy burgundy socks are fabulous and those thick socks you are sporting look lovely and warm. I wonder what pretty you will fashion from the lovely new wool??

ButterZ said...

Lovely snuggly knitted socks. Enjoy them

Ivani said...

Cute embroidery, Jenny!
You sure are the Queen of cozy and beautiful knitted socks.
Have a great week.

CathieJ said...

I love that corgi embroidery. Your socks look so warm and cozy. I have to try making socks again. Enjoy your crafting.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a sweet corgi pattern to honour the queen!
Enjoy your sock knitting!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes you never run out of things to do - you whip up those socks fast for sure

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute corgi! Your socks look wonderfully warm, and your sock inspector seems pleased with your work.

Julierose said...

Your Corgi stitchery is so cute!! Just a lovely remembrance piece. Have you been watching the new series of "The Crown"? We are a tad disappointed with it, but will continue watching in the hopes it will improve...
Your Franken-socks are so pretty in that "warm" colorway...soon we will be hauling out our warm woolies--a cold front is bearing down on us today...hugs Julierose

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

"Frakensocks" are always so much fun to put together and such a great way to use up leftovers. Yours are looking great. I mostly knit my socks in the round using Magic Loop, so seeing a 2 needle technique is very interesting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Royal Corgi is so fun, Jenny! Love those socks, too. I, too, will never run out of projects, but I think that's good!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I would have never guessed the burgundy socks were knit from odd bits - well done!

Sarah said...

Your corgi holding the Union Jack is very cute. I’m going to investigate the link! Wonderful socks too!

Karrin Hurd said...

The Corgi is adorable, and I am always a big fan of your lovely socks!

Nancy J said...

I tend to knit loosely, so 4 ply ends up on very fine needles, 12 ply would be a lot better, Love the reds, so bright and cheery for a cold winter's day.

Jackie said...

Lovey Corgi stitchery. What a great remembrance of a great woman.

Always love your socks.

God bless.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The stitchery is so cute, Jenny. Your socks look so warm and cozy.

Birthe Marie said...

I love your corgi stitchery! That breed of dog is funny with its big body and short legs. It's good to be ready for winter with warm socks, and it's great that we never run out of needlework projects.