Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

A RSC Finish!

Its taken a wee while, but I’ve finally got a finish to show you all.  Gemma held things up when I had the backing and batting on the floor, then was trying to lay the Flag top down and smooth everything out. That looked so much fun she wanted to join in.

P1000697

Gemma thinks she is helping

Once it was all pinned up, I’ve been working on the machine quilting, which took me longer than anticipated.  This could well be because of medical appointments, and much more fun, early Christmas get-togethers.  And when I wanted to get on with a bit more machine quilting, I had to move Gemma again.  Goodness me, this cat certainly thinks she is in charge of this household!  Guess I should be pleased she takes such an interest in my quilting life.

P1000781

Time to move the cat again

With the machine quilting finally finished, I added a scrappy pink binding, and finished hand stitching it down today.  All done, another donation quilt.

P1000791

Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish

16 comments:

loulee said...

A great wee finish, which I'm sure you could not have done without Gemma. Cats are so very helpful. LOL LOL

Julierose said...

this one came out so well--love those little colorful flags...Hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well it looks like Gemma wants to be wherever you are! silly cat

Sara said...

That is a lovely quilt, so I can see why the cat seemed to think it was hers.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing this lovely RSC quilt (in spite of Gemma's "help!!")

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a pretty baby quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a pretty finish, Jenny! I love the quilting and the scrappy binding is perfect for it, too. Your Gemma is so funny! She must be letting you know who's in charge.

Connie said...

Your kitten looks so comfortable. How do you get anything done with a helper like that, LOL.

Ivani said...

It is a lovely finished, Jenny. And Gemma love this one, too. Congrats!!!

Jackie said...

What a lovely quilt. Gemma just wants to make sure all is being done correctly.

God bless.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Very pretty finish! And your lovely assistant makes everything more fun.

Lin said...

What a pretty finish - love the colours. xx

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this lovely finish. I'm having trouble finishing my quilt too. It must be the time of the year. Gemma sure loves this quilt and I do too. Take care. ;^)

grammajudyb said...

I love this small quilt! It is adorable!

Janice said...

Gemma has been such a great help. What is it about cats & quilts? A lovely finish that someone will enjoy.

Maria said...

A lovely finish Jenny.