Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, October 22, 2022

RSC Sewing

Its been a while since I’ve done any RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) sewing, what with playing nurse to Robin, and driving him around to appointments after his knee replacement surgery.  So I'm pleased to have done a little this week.  Green is the colour of the month so I worked on a row of Little Bricks.  I’m doing this  in a zig zag design – although I’m still rather keen to make a quilt using the original setting sometime soon.

P1000624

One more zig zag row of Little Bricks

And here's what I've done so far, on my design bed.  I started this mid way through the year, just because I wanted to try out the pattern, so it will be carried over to 2023.

P1000625

Purple, light blue, orange and green rows so far

While rummaging around various bags I came across a forgotten RSC project – how did that happen, I wonder?  Some time ago I was making little flag blocks each month, it must have been last year I think.  Just simple 4 inch squares in white or cream, with a 2.5 inch flip and sew corner.   I had a reasonable pile, and they looked at me accusingly – hurry up and get stitching again, they seemed to be saying!

P1000627

Put away and forgotten.

So what did I do – stitch a few more.  Then I decided I really should have a count up, and decide just how I was going to assemble these little blocks.  I have a couple of ideas, better get stitching again, I guess.  But I have to admit I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed about all my RSC projects.  They are so easy to start, aren't they, just a few blocks to stitch each month.  Its completing these projects where I fall short.  As I often remind Robin, I’ll never run out of things to stitch!

P1000626

Just a few more

15 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like your zigzag rows of little brick blocks, this is going to be a really cute quilt! It's easy to start projects for RSC but so often they need to be extended into several year projects. Happy stitching and hopefully you'll have some finishes in 2023!

Janice said...

I fully understand how you feel about RSC. I still have my drunkard path blocks from last year to do something with. Having multiple projects running concurrently also means a few tops to put together and quilt at the end year when we are at our busiest.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love the zig zag setting of those bricks! My stumbling block with my projects seems to be the quilting, I have several tops made that need to be quilted. I’m trying to get to those now, but new projects are so hard to resist!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the RSC are easy to start aren't they. I like the new one you are making or your bed too

Julierose said...

Your brick blocks are really looking so pretty together on the bed!! Nice work
hugs, Julierose

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your zigzag brick blocks are coming together nicely. They are worthy of a finish.

Ivani said...

The mini bricks rows looks pretty good, Jenny.
Yes, they are very, very easy to start.

Cathy said...

Those bricks and flags are sure going to make a couple of cute quilts.

Usually my RSC blocks span several years and are all made from actual scraps. No rush to finish anything. I love piecing with scraps. Like you...never bored and won't run out of anything to sew!

Best wishes for speedy recovery for Robin!

loulee said...

RSC projects are easy to start and I'm sure you will find ways to finish them all too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the latest find.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I like those zig zag blocks in the rows now. That's a neat pattern, Jenny. And your little flag blocks could work well in a number of ways. Yes, so many patterns, so little time. We will never run out of things to stitch...truer words never spoken!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What fun to find a forgotten project, and be excited about it all over again! I think those flag blocks will make something really neat. I love the little bricks blocks in the zigzag layout, too!

Jackie said...

I really like the zig zag pattern. Very nice.

God bless.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love finding projects that I get excited about! Easy sewing is fun at times! Just what your 'doctor' ordered after being the 'nurse'!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like the zig zag setting you've chosen for your Little Bricks, Jenny. Congrats on getting your GREEN row done! Have some fun with those Flag blocks, too. They are SEW quick to make!

Cathy said...

I love your Little Bricks blocks, Jenny! And a Happy (belated) Birthday to you. I’m so happy you had a wonderful day!!