Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Sew Wot Tuesday

It was my turn to host the Sew Wot Ladies on Tuesday – I had missed the previous get together as I was feeling unwell with my sore head and burning throat so it was great to catch up again.  Sandra had just celebrated her birthday a few day ago, and sure enough there were even more gifts from the ladies.  It’s always nice to be remembered, and Sandra received lots of lovely items, some hand crocheted, I noticed. 

P1000250

Happy Birthday, Sandra.

There wasn't a great deal of Show and Tell this time.  Jude had brought along a pretty little bag she had made.  Such gorgeous shaded fabric strewn with butterflies.

P1000252

Jude’s pretty little bag

I also had some things to show, but some items were gifts, so I’ll have to wait until these have been received.  My framed four patch donation quilt top (previously blogged about) came out for the ladies to see.

P1000254

Framed four patch top

Two of our ladies couldn't make it, but there was plenty of chatter going on trying to put the world to rights.  I didn't notice any hand stitching, but there were knitting needles clacking away.

P1000251

Heather, Sandra, Jude and Carol

Heather had been to a “destash” and had brought along a bag of fabric bits to share, which was very nice.  The destash is ongoing, as the quilter is in the midst of packing up her home and moving away, so Jude and I went down the following day.  “Tell her Heather sent you”, were our instructions, which we duly passed on.  We were welcomed by two very large energetic dogs, luckily they didn't jump up on us or I’m sure we would have been knocked over!  With the dogs under control we went to rifle through the crates of fabric, and both of us  purchased some.  It's not as if we really need and more fabric, but…….I got a couple of larger pieces which will be useful for backing donation quilts, plus a couple of novelty pieces, so I’m happy, and the prices were very reasonable.

P1000253 

My bargains

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like such fun! Glad you are feeling better.

Julierose said...

You got some great bargains...nice that you were able to have that meeting...
hugs julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if anyone can set the world straight it is ladies at meetings! if only they would listen to all o us :)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You found a nice selection of fabrics at the “destash.”

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I was actually wondering when it would be your turn to host the Sew Wots. Always nice to see the ladies and them busy with the stitching and the chatting. I am envious of such get togethers. Meanwhile, great that you got some of the destashing fabrics too. Bargains are always welcome.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It's great to get together with quilt friends. Can I ask, what is a "wot"? Don't laugh! I'm not sure what that means...

Jenny said...

Nancy, I'm not laughing, just smiling!
What is a Wot, you ask. Just a play with the spelling, wot really means what.
eg Sew Wots just means Sew What. Just in case you were wondering it might be a secret Kiwi society!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's just the best thing to get together with friends to stitch (knit) and chat. Our Big Cypress Quilters do that every Tuesday afternoon at a local recreation center, and I never miss it. While some gals bring sewing machines, most often I find it's easiest to take along handwork. Love seeing you "help out" with a destash! It's perfectly all right to add to your stash because you made useful, wise choices. Well done.

Kim said...

How nice for all you ladies to meet at your home for some knitting and a natter. The fabrics you acquired will be fabulous backings for your charity quilts.