Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, July 15, 2022

A little project and sunshine knitting

Inspired by Janice who made a couple of small pouches recently to pop into her bag, I made something similar to slip my sunglasses into. These used to roll about in my handbag and I was concerned that they would come into contact with keys and get scratched.  After a bit of thought, this is what I came up with.  Thanks for the idea Janice.

P1000231

Little bag for my sunglasses

Today was a lovely calm and sunny day, a little cool, but it was sheltered enough to spend an hour outside sitting under the archgola.   This is an ideal place to sit quietly while I turned the heels on another pair of secret socks, this pair for my older granddaughter.  I need to concentrate, count stitches, and mark each row off in my notebook.    This part takes me a while, but once I’ve dealt with these tricky heels, the bulk of the feet is plain knitting.

P1000235 

Working on heels, one row at a time

Gemma was out with me enjoying the sunshine too.  This is a nice sunny place to sit on the wooden bench, she thinks.

P1000233

Enjoying the sunshine

Then she wanted a change of scene, jumped down from the bench seat, and hopped up onto the glass patio table.  How about my knitting bag, that’s just about her size.  If I don't look around, she thinks, nobody can see me!

P1000236

That’s more comfy

What’s this I spotted flowering in a pot?  It’s a little jonquil, looking all bright and happy.  I thought these were Spring bulbs, but it’s still mid winter.  Flower on, you brave little thing.

P1000229


7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that Gemma is a card for sure;))) Of course your knitting bag is comfier!! Hahaha
Those socks look great...nice you could sit outside for a bit,,,hugs for a super weekend...
Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a flower in the middle of your winter - wow - and so nice and bright - bet that brightened your day

The Cozy Quilter said...

Gemma likes to be comfortable, obviously! Very pretty sock yarn!

Maria said...

Perfect pouch for your sunglasses.
Pretty socks you’re working on…
Nice to enjoy some sun with Gemma.
Gorgeous Jonquils.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nothing can add cheer to a winter day like sunshine and flowers! You’re making great progress on the secret sock projects.

Nancy J said...

Lovely spot for you both, here I have 2 jonquils out, and darkest purple bearded iris, about 6 blooms so far. who would know it was winter, they said!!! And the snowdrops are flowering, I remember them on the farm where I grew up, as a child, and know the hedge where they were in a strip sheltered from the southerly wind. What a great idea for your sunglasses.

Karen S said...

Love the colours in the socks - reminds me of watermelon.